Thread: Save File Won't Load?

Thanks

Default Save File Won't Load?

Alright, so my PPSSPP emulator is working great (It's v. 07.6). All the games I want to play run fine save for the odd glitch here and there (Never play Dante's Inferno on this emulator though, trust me.) However, I've hit a bit of a major snag.
    So I downloaded Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP off this site, and again, it runs perfectly fine. However, the biggest problem is that whenever I select load game, it won't load the save. It says that it did, such as giving the text "Load Complete" but then when I hit the back button it just kicks me back to the title screen.
    For the record, I also have Persona 3 Portable on this emulator, and it works perfectly fine and the load system is exactly the same (X to select, O to go back and it loads the game right away). I have absolutely no idea what's going on or why it won't load. If someone could give me some troubleshooting tips before I completely corrupt the emulator or do something else horrible to it, that would be great. Thank you.

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmn i'm not sure about why the save won't load but you said you have version 0.7.6? That is really out of date. Go here http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html scroll down til you see automated ppsspp builds and grab the one from the top of that list. Or if you have mac or linux as your OS instead of windows then those are a little ways above that. After you update ppsspp copy the "memstick" folder from the old version to the new one then try running the game again.

EDIT
    Have you been using save states while playing persona 2? If you have been there is a chance your save file got corrupted. If the save doesn't load after updating ppsspp then i'd suggest deleting the save for that game and letting it create a fresh one and seeing if that works.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 21st-April-2016 at 00:33.

Thanks

Yeah but I read that if you download the new version, you can't run save files from older variations.
    And I did delete the old save and make a new one, it still won't work.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know where you read that from. I've always been able to use my save files from older versions when updating without any problems at all. You just copy and paste the memstick folder and thats all there is to it really.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rmcin329 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay, and cue the "Wow I feel like a moron" moment. Updated it and everything actually runs better than before and all my saves work. Ugh, fail.
    Thanks so much, really appreciate it!