Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The "I can't remember the name of a game" thread

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by RoseDragon83L

about the second game...
    After going through right now and playing some NES games again I think it may have been on Genesis perhaps, I remember the graphics being better that the games on the NES.
    I'm sure I have it somewhere too but with so many games out there it's hard to figure out what it is. It's not strider though which was on the Genesis. I have strider. I don't have much details on the second game. If I remember any details I'll post em.

Well, just to clarify, Strider was on the NES as well, and almost fit your description to a tee. It's not the same game as the Genesis version, so I suggest you go back and check it out to make sure it isn't the game you were looking for.

Thanks

wow, you were right Cyberxion. I had no idea there was a strider for the NES that was like this. I started it up and it does look and feel exacly like the game I remember. I'll have to play through it to see if this is the one I was thinking of. Thanks either way cause this is a cool game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Originally posted by RoseDragon83L
    wow, you were right Cyberxion. I had no idea there was a strider for the NES that was like this. I started it up and it does look and feel exacly like the game I remember. I'll have to play through it to see if this is the one I was thinking of. Thanks either way cause this is a cool game.
    Not a problem. It's just that the Egyptian level and wall jump reminded me of Strider totally. I hope it is indeed the game you were looking for.

blamesociety Guest

i remeber this game just because subzero was the main character in this game, i remember going around some place fighting guys like 3rd person maybe, i don't quite remember, and i think i do remember it was on the 64, any help on this is greatful

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

blamesociety Guest

ooh, thank you Drageuth, that helps me a lot

Landamo Guest

Ok, heres a game I'm trying to remember.

It was a computer game that I remember playing as a reward in typing class way back in the 4th grade. I don't remember much other than you were this dude that walked around this building killing enemys and solving math problems to advance. I know it's not much but maybe someone remembers what this game is.

Thanks

Originally posted by Cyberxion
    Not a problem. It's just that the Egyptian level and wall jump reminded me of Strider totally. I hope it is indeed the game you were looking for.
    Yep. You were completely right. I played thought it a little and this IS the game. The egyptian level is just like I remember it. I remember this water part where you can't make it across cause it takes your hp down as you go. I havn't seen the part with the jump but I know it's there. Thanks alot Cyberxion.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm glad to help.

MolsenMI Guest

Default Name this arcade game.

This will be a tough one. My friend wants to find this game he played while he was young. This is all he can remember:

It was a 4 player, co-op arcade game. It's a completely 2D game. The characters were megaman type guys all with different colors. He's unsure if they had different abilities or were simply different colors. It was not side scrolling, you climbed upward to progress. It's mostly about robots as all the enemies are robots.

Apparently, some of the platforms you could walk around on upside down.

There were bosses every 10 levels or so and there were tons of levels.

Thanks

Hehe, got it at last, huh?

Is it rock climber or something...? I remember something simiar to that...
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

MolsenMI Guest

Yeah, I knew I stumbled across this thread once before... but I haven't been around here a lot lately.

Any ways, this is EXTREMELY vague but it's the best he can do. So, if anyone can throw out any names at all, I'll tell him to go look them up and see if they ring any bells.

Thanks

Jump Shaft? Ice Clmibers? Crystal Mines?
    "Traveler"
    Case: Bitfenix Prodigy
    CPU: Devil's Canyon i5 @ 4.0GHz
    RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper @ 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX 660ti
    Mobo: ASRock Z97E-ITX
    Drive: Trend Micro 128GB SSD

MolsenMI Guest

Here's some more info:

Each character had a gun
    There were 3 males and one female
    The background was an outerspace theme with lots of planets
    Some of the platforms were conveyor belts which took you all around and since there was no gravity you could go upside down.

So, we have all that new info now

Plus, it's 4 players, co-op, you climb upwards to progress, it's 2D, you fight robots, it's an arcade game, etc.

EDIT: and the girl had a blonde pony tail and was dressed in pink.

MolsenMI Guest

Quartet, if anyone was wondering. A kind fellow over at the Penny-Arcade forums was kind enough to decipher these vague clues.