Thread: is my Ace3ds fake

Thanks

Default is my Ace3ds fake

Hi there,

I've just purchased an Ace3ds Plus flash card for my 3DS v9.2, The problem is, despite putting the firmware (AOS v2.13) on my micro SD it is just giving me an error message as follows "An error has occured. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power."!

When I purchased the card (from Digimartz.com), It stated that it supported fw10.4 directly, so I dont understand why its not working! Whats worrying me more is that the label on the card looks a tad dodgy and I'm worried it may be fake!

I have included some pictures below, could somebody let me know if it is fake, or if I'm doing something wrong, this is my first time using a flashcart

WP_20160406_15_24_58_Pro[1].jpg
    WP_20160406_15_25_13_Pro[1].jpg
    Untitled.png
    WP_20160406_14_56_12_Pro.jpg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

It does look a little cheap, you're right. Is the store you bought it from mentioned in AceCards official website as a supported dealer?

If not, return it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    It does look a little cheap, you're right. Is the store you bought it from mentioned in AceCards official website as a supported dealer?

If not, return it.
    Yeah, they are an official dealer for the UK (were I'm from). I've tried emailing them several times but they are ignoring my emails and I don't know what to do

I think I might just have to accept my loses.

PS: Do you know of any "trusted" sellers, I'm going to test this in my cousins DS Lite when I see her, and if it does not work, I'll try and buy one elsewhere if the seller is known to be trustworthy!

here's an additional shot of the mobo, I disassembled it to see if it would help!
    12931072_215847672115392_4640037494540033121_n.jpg
    Last edited by Zix; 6th-April-2016 at 18:43.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Try looking through this thread. There's a few pics of the back of a cart.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...g-on-DSi-1-4-5

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Zix

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    Try looking through this thread. There's a few pics of the back of a cart.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...g-on-DSi-1-4-5
    Thanks man, that definitely confirms it as a fake!

Well its a lesson for the future I suppose, I'll just have to be more careful in future.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Try contacting the official Acecard team. They will want to know that an "official" dealer is going behind their backs. Whether or not they can hook you up, it seems they should know about it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    Try contacting the official Acecard team. They will want to know that an "official" dealer is going behind their backs. Whether or not they can hook you up, it seems they should know about it.
    Tried that, unfortunately the email address on their site, no longer exists... I'll just cut my losses, but thanks for your help, i appreciate it!

Can I ask if you know of any legit sellers of ds flashcarts (provided its not against the rules for you to)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zix View Post
    I'll just cut my losses
    You can't file a Paypal claim, or phone your credit card and do a chargeback? Sending out counterfeit goods is a valid reasons to bitch, regardless of the grey legality of an Acecard.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    You can't file a Paypal claim, or phone your credit card and do a chargeback? Sending out counterfeit goods is a valid reasons to bitch, regardless of the grey legality of an Acecard.
    Oh so you can just go to your credit card company without going through Digimartz? thats not a bad idea, I paid with my debit mastercard so I'll go see my bank and see what they have to say..

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Not sure were credit card companies stand on this, it's a good possibility they might side with you, I think it has to be a certain amount before they refund though. Paypal will probably be the opposite, they don't allow the buying or selling of backup devices, flash carts etc, although people still do it.

Thanks
    EP Points

It might be like that one problem on dscard two. You might have to put it in a dsi or ds to getting it working on 3ds.

Thanks

Ace3ds plus is working on the latest firmware, but you have to buy from a reliable seller.

Thanks
    EP Points

And I thought Ebay and Amazon were this bad...

I can't help you much, all I can recommend to you is that your next purchase does not come from AceCard, because judging from your last comment here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zix View Post
    Tried that, unfortunately the email address on their site, no longer exists...
    it seems like they're actually trying to scam people and so they killed their email so they wouldn't get tracked and hunted down. And by that, I mean if the police of where ever AceCard is hosted catches wind of AceCard's scams (If this is even a scam, which honestly sounds like it is.)
    SIG REMOVED - READ THE RULES

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Please try and avoid posting in old threads

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR