Thread: PCSX2 - NFS: underground emulation speed

Thanks
    EP Points

Default PCSX2 - NFS: underground emulation speed

hey all, i've been doin some trial n error here and can't seem to get the emulation speed to wher it should b

i remember gameplay runs much faster on the console, as i use to play it alot when i had the xbox and ik it'll run much the same speed on ps2 i'm sure

wat i've gone thru so far, is that all hardware will give me either the red vertical barz across the screen or some ugly scattered display and all software rendering seems to make it visually normal

i was wondering if ther's any hardware settings i can change to eliminate the red bars across the screen or the scattered display(like crackz on a mirror kinda)

2nd is i went thru the speed hacks menu and increased it by 1 to c if it would fix the issue and no noticeable difference in emulation speed but fps maintains a solid 60

here's a s/s of all graphicz and audio settings i have for it:
    http://i.imgur.com/KpbYsHZ.jpg

so at this point, is ther any optimized settings i can put in place rather than use preset slider to improve emulation speed?

that pretty much covers up evrythng i've done , if any1 can hlp me on this i'd rly appreciate it and a thousand thx in advance

my comp specz r as follows:

64-bit win7 ultimate SP1
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core processor ~4.0GHz
    16GB ram
    asus AMD Radeon R9 270x

if i need to specify other specz, lmk and i'll post it asap

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html is the best place to look

each game has two links in the compat list one for the wiki and another for the forum both will have settings notes

They also note the game runs too fast (some report a little slow but are on lower end hardware)

The game was released on PS2 Xbox and GameCube, so you can always cheak out the status of the game for the GameCube via Dolphin

There was even a later release for PC anyway so even if the GC port does not run well enough for you, just go for the Windows version.

https://dolphin-emu.org/compat/

The game is listed as working and emulation notes there in mention a few issues but on the same note mention the fixes needed so everything is good

test notes seem to be a bit of of date using mostly older versions that had sound issues that are no longer an issue

speed of the game is noted to drop but you have better hardware as far as CPU goes so you may get away with it more than the others that had tested the game

Again if all else fails try the PC port
    Last edited by Zorlon; 6th-April-2016 at 07:36.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html is the best place to look

each game has two links in the compat list one for the wiki and another for the forum both will have settings notes

They also note the game runs too fast (some report a little slow but are on lower end hardware)

The game was released on PS2 Xbox and GameCube, so you can always cheak out the status of the game for the GameCube via Dolphin

There was even a later release for PC anyway so even if the GC port does not run well enough for you, just go for the Windows version.

https://dolphin-emu.org/compat/

The game is listed as working and emulation notes there in mention a few issues but on the same note mention the fixes needed so everything is good

test notes seem to be a bit of of date using mostly older versions that had sound issues that are no longer an issue

speed of the game is noted to drop but you have better hardware as far as CPU goes so you may get away with it more than the others that had tested the game

Again if all else fails try the PC port
    thx dude, i'll check out the compat listz, nevr thot of increasing the skip draw setting so that gives me motivation to tackle this again

again many thx man

on a side note: ther's another game i've been tackling so might as well mention it here instead of making a new thread

in pirates: the legend of black kat, i've immediately noticed sound desync with video after letting the demo reel play after the westwood logo

so i manually sync the audio/video by decreasing framerate to 15 for PAL's in the pcsx2_vm.ini file and it wrks wonders, also achieved this by putting EE cyclerate to -2 and change base framerate till fps is at 44.5; btw both methods, the sync option was set to async mix

but then, once i get to the main menu, i press "new game" and the cutscene's video ends up playing faster than the sound no matter wat i do

can't lower the framerate or the audio will just chop out slow down significantly and i've tried both timestretch and async mix and even none(audio can skip) and same out of sync issue with cutscene

so my question is, is this a losing battle for me? or is ther somethng i could set to achieve universal sync balance between vid/sound for the entire game?

Thanks
    EP Points

fuking yes, i did it XD

currently enjoying NFS: undergrnd with Direct3D11 hardware rendering without the vertical bars scattering the display

here's the settings:
    http://i.imgur.com/fvTxQq8.jpg

description is in the pic as well, but enable hw hax, set skipframe to 6 and u kill 2 birdz 1 stone

i won't guarantee that it'll fix it for ur situation, but i'm posting this cuz this wrked for me, hope it hlpz some of u gyz out

also, if any1's got a better way to sync vid/sound in pirates: the legend of black kat, lmk

ty all for reading and for the assist gentz