Thread: Mame on Raspberry Pi (Retropie)

Thanks
    EP Points

Red face Mame on Raspberry Pi (Retropie)

Hey guys, I love using retropie on my raspberry pi and have gotten many games to work, but when it comes to emulating mame roms, I have never gotten a single game to work! Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could steer me on the right track. So far I have found a romset from this thread:http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...E4droid-0-375b

I extracted the roms and copied them to my raspberry pi under the mame4all folder in a sub folder I made called "roms". I also copied the .dat file and samples folder from the download onto the mame4all folder. With any game I try to run, it says I am missing files. I was wondering if I need to somehow tell retropie where the dat file is? Anyways, I probably missed some step, so if you guys know ANYTHING, please reply.

EDIT: I realized I never said that the error I am getting is that it says I am missing files.

Thanks for reading this.

Never mind guys, I have figured it out. I was supposed to just put the roms in the parent folder of mame4all and not in a folder I made called roms. If any of you guys need help, I can possibly help you.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 1st-April-2016 at 00:32. Reason: posts merged

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fri3ndlygiant For This Useful Post: