Thread: I just had to switch my ISP to Comcast; Is downloading ROMs/ISOs against their policy/piracy thing?

Thanks

Default I just had to switch my ISP to Comcast; Is downloading ROMs/ISOs against their policy/piracy thing?

I know comcast can be a bitch when it comes to torrenting and it's basically a rule of thumb not to torrent without a VPN, but what about downloading straight from this site. To my knowledge, you cannot get in trouble for direct downloading. Should I get any letters or anything like that from downloading off this site?

Those who's ISP is Comcast, have you ever gotten in trouble for downloading off this site?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have Comcast

In a nutshell stay away from public torrents that host true pirate material (Movies/TV Shows/mainstream music) and you are gold.

DDLs and low profile public torrents and private torrents are the way to go.

Comcast only watches mainstream public torrents.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I have Comcast

In a nutshell stay away from public torrents that host true pirate material (Movies/TV Shows/mainstream music) and you are gold.

DDLs and low profile public torrents and private torrents are the way to go.

Comcast only watches mainstream public torrents.
    So 0 (or near 0) risk downloading from this site?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by brantank View Post
    So 0 (or near 0) risk downloading from this site?
    Zero...............unless you are on Windows 10.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Default Reply

Zero...............unless you are on Windows 10.
    Thanks. I'm on Windows 7. I just switched to Comcast and wanted to be safe. If Comcast cuts me it's no more Internet for me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks. I'm on Windows 7. I just switched to Comcast and wanted to be safe. If Comcast cuts me it's no more Internet for me.
    Don't let the scare tactics get to you, just stay away from actual pirate material.

No one cares about roms and manga/anime really, its just all the mainstream western material that they are filtering .

Thanks

Default Thanks

Don't let the scare tactics get to you, just stay away from actual pirate material.

No one cares about roms and manga/anime really, its just all the mainstream western material that they are filtering .
    Thank you for your insight and advice. Out of curiosity, when you download from this site do you use a VPN or anything additional? Or are you straight downloading?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thank you for your insight and advice. Out of curiosity, when you download from this site do you use a VPN or anything additional? Or are you straight downloading?
    If anything uber rare is posted il just download it with my browser or in some cases il use Jdownloader.
    Its all perfectly fine, no need to freak out.

Thanks

I used to have Comcast myself. The only thing they would to to you is if after the 6th illegally downloaded file from Comcast's white list, they would just throttle your internet speeds for the remainder off that billing period month. However in rare cases, they would slap a hidden fee if you ever went overboard which wouldn't cost no more that $10 USD which I have honest never got.
    My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $882 ($229 with sales)
    • Games owned: 87
    • Games not played: 42 (48%)
    • Hours on record: 731.4h

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Typically if you google the Hash code and there are no DMCA warnings near the bottom, you should be safe. And if you see wording in a notice "You may be charged if you don't pay $XXX fine to (whatever .com or group)" then you should call your ISP and give them hell all day about SCAM PROTECTION because the company that issues those is illegal and repeatedly gets shut down, then opens under a new name. The media companies pay them a ton and no legal action ever goes through against them so they keep doing it.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks
    EP Points

^^ THAT!
    in some cases though, isp doesn't a flying f*ck so long as they're paid up, by whoever...AND all too willing to enforce 'illegal' policies.
    i'm on virgin media, and it's a nightmare (look up your local honest internet provider on the tube for a dose of reality in a meme) still looking for a new home so i can go scandinavian on the telecoms, screw englands policies and trading standards.
    the pipes in my area are monopolized, ergo, over a barrel taking it.
    some isp's are in direct cahoots with the unlawful (what's the difference? you tell me!) and get a different one IF possible.
    otherwise, try to circumvent them, i do. (to the point of abusive calls to isp than hang up, they don't bother me after those sessions. they just like to bug, but they still take my money. matter of time...)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by a500+ View Post
    ^^ THAT!
    in some cases though, isp doesn't a flying f*ck so long as they're paid up, by whoever...AND all too willing to enforce 'illegal' policies.
    i'm on virgin media, and it's a nightmare (look up your local honest internet provider on the tube for a dose of reality in a meme) still looking for a new home so i can go scandinavian on the telecoms, screw englands policies and trading standards.
    the pipes in my area are monopolized, ergo, over a barrel taking it.
    some isp's are in direct cahoots with the unlawful (what's the difference? you tell me!) and get a different one IF possible.
    otherwise, try to circumvent them, i do. (to the point of abusive calls to isp than hang up, they don't bother me after those sessions. they just like to bug, but they still take my money. matter of time...)
    What do you do that VM don't like so much? I don't get phone calls and letters from them complaining about what I do...

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation

didn't make myself clear enough, apologies! Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. (meme)
    they fuckin hound me for my contract, i have my lines open all the time, and it's a shit upload at 128kbytes a sec, and they claim my area gets 512kbytes a sec average upload.
    liars.
    it's I that abuses them when the pipes go down, they say some shit like 'work in the area'...
    yeah virgin, like five years now?!
    fifty five gbp a month.
    the only option besides moving open to me, is a mobile contract, and the data caps are bs!
    no other provider will look at the area, cartel rules...
    [edit]
    POS small keys.