Thread: I need a Gamecube Config for Super Mario Galaxy

theeend Guest

Default I need a Gamecube Config for Super Mario Galaxy

I recently downloaded a ROM for Super Mario Galaxy, one of my favorite Wii games from when the console was first getting popular. I now have it on Dolphin emulator, and I have a Gamecube controller with a USB Adapter. The only problem is, I need a good config for the game. Ive tried to make one a few times, but the controls are always somewhat buggy and unusual. Please help.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well you could set up the controls for keyboard then use something like joy2key to map things to a controller. If you do that though, i'd still reccomend leaving wiimote movement on the mouse. The way i set things up for the game is weird, but the short version is i wind up playing the game with 1 hand on the mouse for wiimote and the other to use half of a controller for things like movement, spinning and ground pounding. I think i had jumping and firing star bits mapped to mouse buttons. Like i said the control scheme i use is wonky but works for me. I guess it varies with the person really.
    Last edited by rmcin329; 29th-March-2016 at 02:11.

theeend Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rmcin329 View Post
    If you do that though, i'd still reccomend leaving wiimote movement on the mouse.
    Im trying to use the mouse as the wiimote movement, but it keeps reorienting itself back to the center whilst I am trying to move it. Any ideas on how to fix that? Other than that I dont think I have any problems with the setup I have.

Thanks
    EP Points

Go into where you setup the wiimote config. Basically where you set up the movement stuff it should say stuff like axis -y, +x etc etc. What you want to do is right click on each of those 1 by one and change them to cursor and the same -x/+y it had before in that spot. So if one of the movements said say axis -x, you'd want to right click it and change it to cursor -x instead. Once you change all of them from axis to cursor it should function better.

theeend Guest

That worked. Thanks for the help!