Thread: Emulators in Windows Store Metro Apps

Thanks

Default Emulators in Windows Store Metro Apps

This may be the wrong place to post this idea, but here it goes anyway. I've noticed that Emuparidise hasn't updated their emulator section to include emulators from the Windows Store. As the Windows Store covers Desktops, Tablets, Windows Phones, and the Xbox One; it's a valid point to bring up. One good example is a variation of VBA called VBA-X. If you have Windows 8 or higher or any modern Windows Devices or an Xbox 1 you can search emulator in the Windows Store and find at least 50, although a lot of them are variations of VBA. Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  97.7 KB

Thanks
    EP Points

Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-March-2016 at 17:41.
    Current EP goals:
    1. Adding screenshots and generating useful descriptions for the Wonderswan Color section (GDocs Spreadsheet)
    2. Adding BizHawk to the recommended emulators section of as many games as it handles.

Also: my video game death montages!

Thanks

Ok, could you tell me how to do that?

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm more concerned that you aren't fully aware of the scope of what you've proposed. How many emulators are in the Windows App Store? Will you be listing based on the underlying emulator/core or on the variants?

As for the instructions, I'm... not actually sure myself? I don't see an "add an emulator" link on the emulators page, and some-but-not-all games have a "suggest an emulator" option. I don't immediately see anything in the tutorials-faqs-and-help repository section on adding an emulator to the main site either.
    Current EP goals:
    1. Adding screenshots and generating useful descriptions for the Wonderswan Color section (GDocs Spreadsheet)
    2. Adding BizHawk to the recommended emulators section of as many games as it handles.

Also: my video game death montages!

Thanks

Most of the emulators on the Windows Store seem to be variants of older emulators, so I would be listing them as variants. And I counted 38 emulators. Most are paid with a free trial though. So I could at least test them for performance and the touch screen enhancements on my Windows 10 Intel based tablet to provide feed back.
    Last edited by ncrouch141; 28th-March-2016 at 19:04.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Posts of Free emulators that you have to pay for to remove adverts

Don't see the harm in you making a windows tablet and phone emulators posts

Not something we would post on the main site though, not when it's some lamers trying to make money of someone else's hard work by doing a simple port and inserting adverts saying you have to pay to remove the adverts

For windows itself though Retroarch is one of the best out there that covers many systems for emulation all based on free open source code, with no advertising intrusion or ransom to get rid of them

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

The VBA-X at least in my case thinks the paid features have already bean paid for. Can someone confirm this isn't just a random thing? Also there are some advantages to those Metro App emulators like improvements for touch screens. Unless there is version of standard VBA or Retroarch that supports touch controls, I will stick to the ports on the Windows Store.

Edit: it seems that because I bought VBA10 that VBA-X thought I had also bought the paid features. Btw, I think VBA-X is better.
    Last edited by ncrouch141; 5th-April-2016 at 15:28.