Thread: Help about frontends!!!

Thanks

Default Help about frontends!!!

Hi there!!!

I a looking for a frontend for multiple emulators. I have tried some of them, but none of them convince me. There are great frontends but I think they lack of somethings.

I have tried Hyperspin, but I don't like it. It has a cool way to display your roms and you can see a video preview of the game, but doesn't show other stuff of the game.
    GameEx it look really cool. You can see game info, console, screenshots, and in the preview videos of GameEx you can see that has a lot of other things, like manuals from the game, commands,
    trivia. But it is hard to configure it! And it seems you must pay to have all that cool features that I mentioned before. To configure an Emulator like MAME you got to download it in the setup wizard of the program and you can't choose the emulator if you already have it. And the themes can be a little confussing.
    I've got the MameUI that looks cool, but when I search for the available games all the bios get display. And you only got 1 screenshot of the game and no more info.
    The one I use the most is LaunchBox. It looks very nice, but only in the premium (paid) version you can display a video of the game. In Launchbox you can the info of the game, the cover, some fan art. But if you want to search for the manual it is hard to find. You can't see video previews of the game (did I already say that?) and you don't got a command list. This could be really helpful if you want to play some fighting games and you don't remember specials moves like in Mortal Kombat or the KOF series where there are some difficult moves.

I know I'm asking too much but I am searching for a multi emulator frontend that:

shows video preview of the game, screenshots, art covers, banners, info, walkthroughs and guides, cheats, commands, rate of the game, display if is the game multiplayer or not, notes you can write and show, manual of the game.
    I don't want a frontend to use in an Arcade Machine, I want a frontend that I could execute in windows.
    If there is no frontend like that, can anyone help me with some info on how to create a frontend myself?

I`d really aprecciate it!!!!!!

Thanks

Default frontend

Quote Originally Posted by Veryblack View Post
    Hi there!!!

I a looking for a frontend for multiple emulators. I have tried some of them, but none of them convince me. There are great frontends but I think they lack of somethings.

I have tried Hyperspin, but I don't like it. It has a cool way to display your roms and you can see a video preview of the game, but doesn't show other stuff of the game.
    GameEx it look really cool. You can see game info, console, screenshots, and in the preview videos of GameEx you can see that has a lot of other things, like manuals from the game, commands,
    trivia. But it is hard to configure it! And it seems you must pay to have all that cool features that I mentioned before. To configure an Emulator like MAME you got to download it in the setup wizard of the program and you can't choose the emulator if you already have it. And the themes can be a little confussing.
    I've got the MameUI that looks cool, but when I search for the available games all the bios get display. And you only got 1 screenshot of the game and no more info.
    The one I use the most is LaunchBox. It looks very nice, but only in the premium (paid) version you can display a video of the game. In Launchbox you can the info of the game, the cover, some fan art. But if you want to search for the manual it is hard to find. You can't see video previews of the game (did I already say that?) and you don't got a command list. This could be really helpful if you want to play some fighting games and you don't remember specials moves like in Mortal Kombat or the KOF series where there are some difficult moves.

I know I'm asking too much but I am searching for a multi emulator frontend that:

shows video preview of the game, screenshots, art covers, banners, info, walkthroughs and guides, cheats, commands, rate of the game, display if is the game multiplayer or not, notes you can write and show, manual of the game.
    I don't want a frontend to use in an Arcade Machine, I want a frontend that I could execute in windows.
    If there is no frontend like that, can anyone help me with some info on how to create a frontend myself?

I`d really aprecciate it!!!!!!
    I run a linx based cab (Linux Mint Xfce) and use the Mahcade frontend (a fork of Wahcade, which is based on Mamewah for windows).
    It's free and very configurable, but a bit tricky to set up.
    Here's a link to the pictures of my cab running multiple emulators: https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...5jXjGBZbeaEv4E
    You could also try Attract Mode, which is available for windows and Linux.

Thanks

Have You Tried MAXIMUS ARCADE?

Thanks
    EP Points

Take a look at Launchbox. There is a free and premium version, the free version is great as a mouse driven windows front end and covers pretty much all your requirements. The paid version offers a couple more features like Bigbox mode geared towards controller driven controls and some auto hot key features. The free version has very little crippled. The premium version is 20$ for a year or 50$ for lifetime . I tried every other front end out there and this is the one I settled on and l settled on this one and even paid for the premium for my HTPC emulation PC.