Thread: fx 8350 problem?

Thanks

Default fx 8350 problem?

So I've not been able to get any PS2 games at a playable frame rate and I'm pretty sure is is down to my FX-8350. If someone has similar specs to me or knows what I should change please let me know. I literally have no idea what to do anymore.

Specs
    Fx-8350 4.00GHZ
    R9 280
    16 GB HYPER X RAM
    Samsung SSD 850
    Last edited by MRPyro; 15th-March-2016 at 15:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

I can assure you it is not the CPU, I have the same CPU and 16 gigs of ram. I am using an nVidia graphics card though but I have had the PS2 emu running the vast majority of games at very playable frame rate on a lower AMD CPU (AMD Phenom II X6 1055T) and AMD GPU (7850 1 gig of vram).

Are you trying to run games at stock settings first or are you turning on features that can cause performance issues. Check out this PCSX 1.4 setup video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovagz8UXFTU and see if you can get it working. I know the video is long but it should at least get you up and running. If that doesn't work have you tried an earlier version or even a newer beta version ? I know I had a problem with 1.4 and solved it by jumping up to a beta version of 1.5.

Thanks

I'll give it a try thanks

Thanks! Because of that video Shadow Of The Colossus is very playable now.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 17th-March-2016 at 02:16. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool, glad you got it all sorted out.

Thanks

Now only if I could translate the settings over to Dolphin

Thanks
    EP Points

Look around on that youtube channel for his Dolphin setup guide, you should be able to run Dolphin just fine as well. There's the normal build and there's the Ishiiruka build which has more speed hacks in is supposed to run faster on slower systems.