Thread: ePSXe 2.0 Assistance needed

Thanks

Default ePSXe 2.0 Assistance needed

I have an
    Intel B950 (2 core 2.1ghz) cpu
    8 gigs ram
    Running Direct x 11
    Intel HD Graphics 1760 approx memory

I am trying to play Final Fantasy Origins on my laptop with the stated specs. I've tried everything and I always get a black screen. different settings Full screen windowed sometimes I get the controller picture in corner stating standard. I played it on my home computer fine so know the ISO works. I just need to know if my laptop is able to do it and if so what do I need to do to make it work.

Thanks guys

Thanks
    EP Points

It should be just fine. I run it perfectly on my AMD laptop (1.5 ghz, 4 gigs ram 512 megs of shared video memory). You may just have to tweak some video settings. I output mine to a TV and use the following video settings:

Fullscreen 1280x720 resolution
    Internal resolution set to 1: Normal Resolution
    Brightness Profile 0
    Stretching Mode 1: 4:3
    Run Mode: 0: 1-Thread

Screen Filtering checked
    Filter for 2D games: 0: none
    Shader effects: 2: CRT-Hyllian (this is my personal favourite)

These should all the relevant settings. My guess is that you are getting a black screen due to a resolution setting.

Thanks

What GPU Plugin do you use?

Thanks
    EP Points

I just use the ePSXe GPU core 2.0.0 for 2D stuff, I don't play 3D stuff at all.

It still might be a resolution setting causing you black screens I know I had to fiddle with the resolution settings to find the right one for my setup or else I got black screens.

Thanks

Ya I figured it out I had it on a thumb drive and it was trying to play the ISO from the thumb drive I put on Desktop and it ran now messing with the graphics to get it good

Thanks
    EP Points

Cool, glad you got it sorted out. The settings I put above is my personal favourites for 2D sprite based games. For 3D stuff you will need to fiddle with Pete's OpenGL stuff to suit your tastes. Personally I just can't play those old 3D games, they just did not age very well and I can't do it. The sprite based stuff held up really nicely over the years however and a nice shader setup really helps.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

P.S. the PSP version of the game is the same graphically but with lots of extra, dungeons in one of them and extra story in the other
    GBA version also has extra's just not the same visuals (not 100% the same extra's are in this version or not as the PSP version was a later release of the game)

Also note that FFIV also has a better version on PSP that has visuals improved and also includes a second story tagged the complete version (The extra story was first a separate game on the Wii as a WiiWare game while the original was still a SNES emulated game on the Wii), there was also a DS version in a new sexy 3D display for the graphics

FFIII on the DS is also a 3D game (personally never did like III all that much anyway but it's not all that bad either)
    Last edited by Zorlon; 15th-March-2016 at 08:59.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys I'll definitely check out the other versions. Also thanks for the fast responses