Thread: Rayman Psx Emulator no sound

Thanks

Default Rayman Psx Emulator no sound

Does anyone know how to get the sound working for rayman in the psx emulator

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I have plenty of solutions for you if you wish to take the time to learn.

1 - don't use epsxe pr pSXfin.

2 - Don't use a bad image which is what sounds lie you are trying to use.

Retroarch with the Mednafen PSX core is the only way to go for ease of use and set it and forget it functionality.

(Please let me help you set it up initially as most users get confused until I break it down for them)

Can you please tell me which Rayman you are trying to play also what region?

NTSC is the preferable one as its not running at a sluggish 50 FPS.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    1 - don't use epsxe pr pSXfin.
    Up until a couple of weeks ago I would have agreed with you but the release of ePSXe 2.0 is extremely good and might even be slightly better than Retroarch Mednafen. It is much simpler to set up than previous versions of ePSXe and runs better on lower end systems even with Lottes and Hyllians CRT shaders built in. Having said that though, I do use Retroarch on my gaming rig because of the wider variety of shader support but on my lower end laptop I use ePSXe because RA is too slow on that computer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Try running from the cue file.

Thanks

isnt there just a quick fix which i can do. All the other games i play work fine. There is some sound when i am playing rayman but the background music for each level isnt there i have tried downloading from different sources but i get the same results.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm assuming you are using the rip of the game off this site which is split up into about 50 bin files.

Are you using ePSXe 2.0 ? I just downloaded the game off here and tried it in 2.0 and everything works perfectly out of the box. If you are using an older version of epsxe I highly recommend upgrading to 2.0, it's really improved.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lordmonkus View Post
    I'm assuming you are using the rip of the game off this site which is split up into about 50 bin files.

Are you using ePSXe 2.0 ? I just downloaded the game off here and tried it in 2.0 and everything works perfectly out of the box. If you are using an older version of epsxe I highly recommend upgrading to 2.0, it's really improved.
    http://redump.org/disc/8326/

Thats not a rip, its redump which is 1:1 accurate and works flawlessly in proper emulators and burning programs.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Well what I meant was the source of the download, I guess rip is the wrong term.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lordmonkus View Post
    Well what I meant was the source of the download, I guess rip is the wrong term.
    Right.

It should work flawlessly by loading the cue, if not then the emu is inadequate.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, the version of Rayman off here works perfectly in ePSXe 2.0 but at first I accidentally loaded it in an older version psxfin and that emu did not like it at all.

My best guess for the OP at this point is that he is probably using an older epsxe with a weird sound driver.