Thread: Help with ps2 iso download

Thanks

Question Help with ps2 iso download

Sorry if this isn't the best place to put this, or if this was already solved in another thread and I couldn't find it.

I'm trying to download this game for the ps2 and get the iso for burning:

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...51694-download

It's a very long download that takes at least 4 hours to get to the middle, but once it reaches the middle it suddenly appears to be finished, and when trying to extract the files with winrar it says the file is corrupted. This never happened with other ps2 games I got in the past from this site, and I can't tell what's going on. Help?? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

I guess burning doesn't work for Japanese titles. I don't know what to do, or how to fix it. What disc (your empty one(s)) are you using anyway?

Thanks

So the problem itself is that the game is Japanese? Guess this means I won't be able to play it unless I get an actual legit disc then, bummer.

I'm using dvd-r from a store called Staples, it says 1x-16x compatible, whatever that means. I don't have a package so I just have what it says on the dvd's surface. Thank you for replying thoguth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClashRequiem View Post
    Sorry if this isn't the best place to put this, or if this was already solved in another thread and I couldn't find it.

I'm trying to download this game for the ps2 and get the iso for burning:

http://www.emuparadise.me/Sony_Plays...51694-download

It's a very long download that takes at least 4 hours to get to the middle, but once it reaches the middle it suddenly appears to be finished, and when trying to extract the files with winrar it says the file is corrupted. This never happened with other ps2 games I got in the past from this site, and I can't tell what's going on. Help?? Thanks in advance.
    This just means either your computer or your internet is just giving up in the middle of downloading the game. Try using a different computer to download it, then transfer the ISO to the computer you want it on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

Thanks

I suppose I'll do that then, even if it won't burn on a cd I can at least try to use an emulator I guess. Thank you for replying!

Thanks
    EP Points

Or just use a download manager like jdownloader or IDM

They have better resume capabilities so if your connection drops for a second and screws up the download it will just continue in a moment.

Thanks
    EP Points

Besides, you might also be burning the ISO onto the disc with a burner that's meant for burning videos or pictures onto the disc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

wat

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    wat
    I dunno man

Ok let's fix this help thread and back on track..

1st. The original post posed the problem of a download stopping midway and ClashRequiem attempts to use winrar on an incomplete file and tada it's corrupted. Correct?

2nd. Researcher suggests that a Japanes game is not burnable. Wait what? Of course it is. ClashRequiem explains what kinda media he's using to burn etc.. Which is always good to know how someone is going about something so help can be better gave. But not really relevant at the moment.

3rd. Phiftyopz manages to stear things back a little by suggesting to use another computer and or net connection to redownload the game. Well that last part seems right to me. What else can you do but redownload a corrupted file????

4th. I suggest to use a download manager. No switching computers or anything and you can download your file in full.

5th. Researcher asks to make sure you're using the right kind of burner causing DL to bang his head repeatedly against a wall but to simply answer wat

Did I miss something? For all I know you guys talked via PM or visitor messages but according to this thread it's just a corrupted download. Redownload unzip and burn. Go nuts.

Also make sure of course your PS2 can play backups etc. in the first place though.
    Last edited by Zaladane; 11th-March-2016 at 11:45.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Negasonic Teenage Warhead View Post
    1st. The original post posed the problem of a download stopping midway and ClashRequiem attempts to use winrar on an incomplete file and tada it's corrupted. Correct?
    This, or it was a corrupted file from when it was first posted.