Thread: why no 3ds sections on the forums (emuporium downloads/requests) and main site?

Thanks

Default why no 3ds sections on the forums (emuporium downloads/requests) and main site?

just wondering, because at this point with citra 3ds emulation is becoming a viable option. Yes, it might be illegal to distribute the decrypted roms, but thats never seemed to stop this kind of scene before...

is it moral objections to the idea of non-classic, current gen emulation, the lack of widespread availability of decrypted roms, or something else causing this? (possibly the new nature and incompatibilities in emulation so far?)

I just figured id bring this up, since my search for decrypted roms hasnt brought up much, and im positive if any main emulation hub (that wasnt opposed to linking to roms) really started an effort to make them available... it couldve easily happened by now.

some people have random mega.co.nz links to a few, but the amount of games available is quite low, even though the emulator is capable of handling quite a few of them.

just figured id ask. I mean, Im sure theres a reason/this has been discussed before, but I didnt see much when I searched on the topic.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Yes your question has been brought up several times.

Current gen so no. All you'll see for 3DS here is the odd emu download and strategy guides in the forums.
    On the main site things are much more restricted...there aren't any original Xbox, Wii, PS3 or Xbox 360 direct downloads there.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

It's all of the reasons you've mentioned: platform being too new, games still being sold, emulation in early stages... all that makes us not feel comfortable allowing 3DS Roms in EP.

Thanks

sorry for asking, or bringing it up.

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe by the time 3DS slows down...