First post, but I figured I would get to the point.

When I first heard about the emulator's built-in CWCheat feature, I noticed that the codes I found did not work at all and even crashed the emulator. Then I found an alternative that does not seem to be cheating, but is still effective. Most longer races require even more patience and countless hours of driving in order to get a bigger paycheck in the end. Then I set up the following configuration:

Graphics
Backend: OpenGL
Mode: Buffered Rendering
Simulate block transfer effects: ON
Frameskipping: OFF
Auto-frameskip: OFF
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60: ON
Alternative speed: Unlimited
Postprocessing shader: OFF
Fullscreen: (hidden)

I use the Left Ctrl button to bring up the game's pause list.
In-game, I would map Left Tab for "Speed Toggle".

I would find one of the biggest buttons on my keyboard (Numpad 0) on my laptop and make that the Cross (X) button. Then I would find something to keep it held down.

I bring up GT and on Day 1, I managed to get a Nissan GT-R (it was about 90,000 I think). Then I would go straight to the Test Course track. I would keep entering and exiting until two Shelby Cobras appeared. If this happened, I was guaranteed at least 2nd position. It was around Day 3.

I go into Quick Tune and make sure all configs on the GT-R is default and not change anything. I already tried whatever "wheelie" trick is being talked about and it never got me the results I needed.

I would more than likely race one lap at a time on the Test Course until I get up to S-rank. From there on, I was able to set the number of laps to about 50. Then I placed something to hold down Numpad 0 and toggle the emulation speed using Left Tab. From there on, I simply sat back and let the game play itself with X held down the whole time.

After the race, the game said I raced for 2 hours. Meanwhile, I timed everything for about 22 minutes. I then quickly won 450,000 credits in 2nd place. I was then able to keep racing with the same other cars and win more credits until I was comfortable with what I had. I started Day 4 with about 7.5 million credits afterwards.

Until we find any working CWCheats for this game, I find the emulation speed thing effective and allows me to finish longer races quicker. Based on the game's intent to randomly throw in cars to match the performance of the player's car, the game will not guarantee the player 1st place.