Thread: Need some quick advise with a ROM I have.

Thanks

Default Need some quick advise with a ROM I have.

Sine the game I am talking about is for the PSP I figured I should put it here..
    I have acquired a few PSP ROMS but I am having some issues. They are not straight iso. When I open the .rar file, this is what I get..

To be honest I have no idea what do do with all of those files.... any help would be great.
    Last edited by bikerscout1599; 7th-March-2016 at 02:55.

Thanks
    EP Points

Multi part compression

Select the first one which looks to be the .rar before all the numbered ones.

Just right click and choose extract here and it will combine the whole thing as it unzips.

Edit: if that doesn't work try the .r00
    Last edited by Zaladane; 7th-March-2016 at 03:11.

Thanks

Ok, I might be doing something wrong. First when I right click I don't see an option that says extract here, just an option to choose a folder. When I do that. I do see the iso file. But when I go to drag it to the folder. I get something that says next volume needed...

*update*
    I think I have it figured out. I just have to move it over to my phone and or tablet and give it a try..
    Last edited by bikerscout1599; 7th-March-2016 at 04:11.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well the #1 thing wrong I see is you are using winrar, get rid of that and install 7zip then it will be smooth sailing and you will see the only part you should open.

The PSP downloads on the main site are scene releases, they come split like that to ensure that its perfectly downloaded and if a part is bad its easily replaced/fixed.

BTW dumps from discs are called images or iso not rom, thats reserved for cartridge based dumps.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Well the #1 thing wrong I see is you are using winrar, get rid of that and install 7zip then it will be smooth sailing and you will see the only part you should open.

The PSP downloads on the main site are scene releases, they come split like that to ensure that its perfectly downloaded and if a part is bad its easily replaced/fixed.

BTW dumps from discs are called images or iso not rom, thats reserved for cartridge based dumps.
    Ok will give the 7zip a shot.. Thanks for the correction (being serious) I am still pretty new to this. I would like to get my terminology straight.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by bikerscout1599 View Post
    Ok will give the 7zip a shot.. Thanks for the correction (being serious) I am still pretty new to this. I would like to get my terminology straight.
    I'm more than happy to help.

If you need any other help with PSP image/scene stuff I can help, if you ever want to try PSP emulation (its uber easy and runs on low tier hardware BTW) you can use PPSSPP - http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I'm more than happy to help.

If you need any other help with PSP image/scene stuff I can help, if you ever want to try PSP emulation (its uber easy and runs on low tier hardware BTW) you can use PPSSPP - http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
    That's actually what I am using on my Galaxy S5 and my LG tablet.
    I got Lego Batman working but the sound is all messed up...

Ok HELP!!! LOL
    So how do I use 7zip to turn all the .rar files into one .iso?
    Remember I am new, so be gentle.. LOL
    Last edited by deadlegion; 7th-March-2016 at 04:55. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's actually what I am using on my Galaxy S5 and my LG tablet.
    I got Lego Batman working but the sound is all messed up...
    Give it a go on your PC to test.

Also you want to check a compatibility list to see what runs well or not.

I suggest turning on auto frameskip and have frameskip set to 2.

Thanks

Give it a go on your PC to test.

Also you want to check a compatibility list to see what runs well or not.

I suggest turning on auto frameskip and have frameskip set to 2.
    Ok. I think I got batman working this time. I re-did it using 7zip. I tried it on my PC and the opening video and audio seemed to work pretty well. Now if I can only remembered how I did it LOL.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ok. I think I got batman working this time. I re-did it using 7zip. I tried it on my PC and the opening video and audio seemed to work pretty well. Now if I can only remembered how I did it LOL.
    well you can try this, go to Settings>Graphics>Performance>Rendering Resolution > set it to 1x , see how that fares.

Thanks

well you can try this, go to Settings>Graphics>Performance>Rendering Resolution > set it to 1x , see how that fares.
    Well I got everything working perfectly on My PC and my Galaxy S5 the only thing I am having a problem with is on my LG Gpad F 8.0. The only thing I was doing differently is I was putting the iso onto a thumb drive then transfer to the tablet. I am going to try plugging directly to my laptop and trying it that way..

*edit*
    Just did a quick check and I think the problem is my FPS are really low (like 7 fps). On my tablet.. any suggestions?
    Last edited by bikerscout1599; 7th-March-2016 at 20:53.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I got everything working perfectly on My PC and my Galaxy S5 the only thing I am having a problem with is on my LG Gpad F 8.0. The only thing I was doing differently is I was putting the iso onto a thumb drive then transfer to the tablet. I am going to try plugging directly to my laptop and trying it that way..

*edit*
    Just did a quick check and I think the problem is my FPS are really low (like 7 fps). On my tablet.. any suggestions?
    If setting all video and audio settings to the lowest doesn't give playable results, it's most likely the tablet isn't powerful enough to run the emulator. Stick with the laptop.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skullpoker View Post
    If setting all video and audio settings to the lowest doesn't give playable results, it's most likely the tablet isn't powerful enough to run the emulator. Stick with the laptop.
    yea I figured. What I think is funny is my phone is powerful enough to run it. But not my tablet...