Thread: A Newbie confused over Rom's!?

Thanks

Question A Newbie confused over Rom's!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Having been a gamer for years and years (Still have all my Consoles starting with a NES) I've decided to set myself a project of making my own Arcade Cabinet. I have the plans and the means to make it but thought I'd be best to get the computer all set up first. I found Simple Austin on Youtube who has some really great tutorials but having installed the front end and stuff its now got to the Emulators and Roms and they are confusing me. I believe that the two must match i.e., using Mame 1.53 means I need Roms for 1.53? but I think Mame is now unto 1.71? Do I need to download each Rom one at a time, checking their version or is there a Pack of Roms I could get? Also with the correct Emulator? This is by far the best site I have found with information and would be grateful for any assistance. In short I am after Arcade Classics and some console games going upto the Dreamcast. Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place but I'm also new to forums Many thanks in advance for any help. ( I can see why people pay Thousands for someone to do this lol)

Recarn.

Thanks
    EP Points

For games like basically any capcom fighting game you have to download qsound.zip. You can download the mame bios pack on emuparadise too. For games like killer instinct you will need the chd which you can download on the game's emuparadise download page. You will need bios for cps3 games, and others like neogeo. Make sure the file's are kept zipped!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to escargooner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Many Thanks for replying. I am a complete noob at this. Just looked at qsound (You Legend!) This is the emulator right? 0.164. Now once I have this do I need to search for the games and make sure they match that number Exactly or can the Rom's be lower? Does ep do packs? I seem to be only able to find individual Roms. Not a problem but obviously a pack would save time chd? that googles at coronary heart disease lol.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If you want it easy here you go - http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Arcade-Rom-Set

I only use MAME for only what it can do, everything else I use FBA as its just plain better and does not run entirely on the CPU taking up resources.

Its very easy to use unlike MAME.

You can run CPS 1/2/3 , Neogeo and other various Arcade hardware.

Don't bother with the console games FBA supports as its a real waste of time, use Retroarch and No-intro sets for Console games.

Edit: if you have specific questions feel free to ask, il try to help the best I can.
    Last edited by Warrior; 8th-March-2016 at 00:30.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post: