Thread: I am a newcomer (PS2 modding)

Thanks
    EP Points

Exclamation I am a newcomer (PS2 modding)

Hello, EP forumers, nitpickers, and attention seekers. I am a new member here at EPForums. Here's how I work.

Treat me with respect, you'll get it back. Don't treat me with respect, and you'll get what you give.

Anyways, I'm a PS2 file researcher, looking for evidence to come to a conclusion if PS2 modding is possible or not, and what we get out of it.

Now you post. (I'm also a bit of a jokester)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Hmm, somebody will probably smash your thread into the "Introductions and Farewells Thread". But I'll just say hello

Quote Originally Posted by The Researcher View Post
    looking for evidence to come to a conclusion if PS2 modding is possible or not
    Yes, tis easy. You just want FMCB loaded onto a memory card and your PS2 will be softmodded. It's easy enough to do yourself if you have something to boot up the installer, that 007 game or a swap magic disc. Or you can just install it onto a memory card from anybody that already has a PS2 with it, FMCB spreads around like a STD
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    Thanked 2,580 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

If you softmod (as Ragnar has explained briefly above) you will need to patch games before burning to DVD. Also, playing PSX games isn't just a matter of burning them to CD and throwing them in the console.

Hardmods (modchips) for PS2 have been around for longer than the exploit has, but requires a decent amount of soldering skills...it's harder than installing a modchip on a PSX or an original Xbox. Chips like the Matrix Infinity (and clones of) have PSX boot support.

Spoiler warning: