Thread: Help filtering my No-Intro romsets (1G1R help?)

Thanks

I really just want 1 copy of all the USA ROMS with just 1 copy of exclusive ROMS from other regions. Im english speaking so priority would be USA > Europe > Other but I dnt need a foreign version of a rom if theres a English version. Been looking around the web but Ive just been finding confusing/obsolete threads about 1G1R. I have downloaded the dat files for my romsets to use with programs i cant figure out on my own like clrmamepro, romcenter etc. Hoping that that some1 can walk me through this the 2016 way lol.

apparently i need a dat file that supports language/region tags, the option i need to sort the region priority before i can use 1G1R remains grayed out even if i use the dat file that came with the romset. arrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh so frustrating lol.

EDIT: My goal is to compile and upload region clone skimmed no intro based romsets for english speaking folks. Priority order would be NTSC > (PAL/English) > Other languages. Once i skim out the clones i can then begin individually testing the non-english exclusives. After that i can start making subfolders separating them by not only region but subfolders within those folders that designate games that are playable by english speaking gamers. By manual methods, I am pretty much done with the easier to do N64/atari platforms. Planning to move on to NES, SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, Sega master system, Genesis/32x, Game Gear and the neo geo pocket/color but those have 1000's of clones that would take a lifetime to research and test manually
    Last edited by Mario Rivera; 29th-February-2016 at 05:02.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Can't claim to of used 1G1R myslef... but

You could try and grab the latest dat from the no-intro site

http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=download&fun=dat/

Make sure the dat is for the correct program and use the drop down box on the top left to select the system

also note that romcenter may need extra plugins (header files) depending on the system the roms are for they are also at the no-intro site in the datset section

You may also notice that you can filter the dat file itself to only look for english language games, that would be another way of doing what you have planned

Romcenter is ok but it does not always work correctly, so I use that as more of a front end and use clrmamepro for scanning and rebuilding the sets
    Last edited by Zorlon; 29th-February-2016 at 05:16.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, Its so funny cuz i tried that so many times before but for some reason it was a little different when u linked it. This time I was able to sort out the parent/clone dat file, set my region priorities and skim 1000 clones from my NES roms successfully. Without this my goal would have been waaaayyyyyy too ambitious for one person to complete within a reasonable amount of time lol.
    Last edited by Mario Rivera; 29th-February-2016 at 05:55. Reason: details

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Been doing this some years for myself though 1G1R through me off until you said what your goal was.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR