Thread: Need help with Jxd s7800 emulation

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Need help with Jxd s7800 emulation

I received this console yesterday and have been trying all morning to get games to play on it. I downloaded the full rom set of NES games here on emu paradise. It seems to be missing a lot of the games I was looking for, but that's a whole different discussion. I downloaded the gamesome app to use as a front end, successfully imported my ROMs to it, and then downloaded the NES.emu app for my emulator and set it as the default emulator for NES games.

When I try to launch a game, it goes to a menu in NES.emu, but won't launch the game. When I click "load game" inside the emulator, it pulls up a dos-looking interface. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong here.

Sent from my iPhone directly into your brain using Tapatalk

Ok. Update. I downloaded retro arch, downloaded all the emulators and updates and everything. Actually found my ROMs within the app, and it seems the list isn't incomplete. For whatever reason, it looks like Gamesome randomly relegates some ROMs to the ether to never be heard from again! Lol!

So I could select a game to play, but every time I clicked on any games, the app would crash. Every. Single. Time...

So...I downloaded individual emulators from the play store, and now I can't find my ROMs within the emulators when I try to select a game... Just call me Emulation Clueless in Charlotte! As you can see, I'm completely new to the emulation game, and can't find specific enough info on the web to hold my hand through the process of getting this thing up and running. Any ideas? TIA...

Last edited by deadlegion; 24th-February-2016 at 22:47. Reason: merged posts

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I currently don't have any android hardware but I can direct you to where is the best place to ask regarding Retroarch usage.

Do you use irc?

You will need to get on irc to get the help you need to get up and running.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not sure what irc is. But I'll take help anywhere I can get it. I basically burned my entire day today before I came to work and feel like I didn't get a whole lot accomplished. Thanks again, Warrior. Seems like you're the helping guy around these parts! Lol!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Thread moved.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Sometimes it's the simple things that throw a monkey wrench in things. Simple things that make you go, "ohhh..." When you figure them out. Apparently, you have to unzip each rom file before emulators will play them! All the games I've tried play like a dream when launched in Gamesome and emulated through retroarch's Nestopia. To say I'm thrilled with this development may be a slight understatement!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 24Fanatic View Post
    I received this console yesterday and have been trying all morning to get games to play on it. I downloaded the full rom set of NES games here on emu paradise. It seems to be missing a lot of the games I was looking for, but that's a whole different discussion. I downloaded the gamesome app to use as a front end, successfully imported my ROMs to it, and then downloaded the NES.emu app for my emulator and set it as the default emulator for NES games.

When I try to launch a game, it goes to a menu in NES.emu, but won't launch the game. When I click "load game" inside the emulator, it pulls up a dos-looking interface. I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong here.

Ok. Update. I downloaded retro arch, downloaded all the emulators and updates and everything. Actually found my ROMs within the app, and it seems the list isn't incomplete. For whatever reason, it looks like Gamesome randomly relegates some ROMs to the ether to never be heard from again! Lol!

So I could select a game to play, but every time I clicked on any games, the app would crash. Every. Single. Time...

So...I downloaded individual emulators from the play store, and now I can't find my ROMs within the emulators when I try to select a game... Just call me Emulation Clueless in Charlotte! As you can see, I'm completely new to the emulation game, and can't find specific enough info on the web to hold my hand through the process of getting this thing up and running. Any ideas? TIA...

Some cores in retroarch don't work atm. Try another NES core.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk