Thread: Street Fighter Alpha 3 Dreamcast: Can any emulator play it?

Thanks

Default Street Fighter Alpha 3 Dreamcast: Can any emulator play it?

I've been trying to get SFA3 to work on chankast, dreamemu and nulldc. To be fair, with chankast/dreamemu I've had other issues with just getting the emulator to work at all, while nulldc did work with another game, just not SFA3. According to a compatibility list, SFA3 just plain doesn't run on nulldc.

For the other 2, dreamemu wanted me to change to a 16 bit color depth, and chankast will require me to burn a disc.

So before I try to remedy either of those, I want to know if Street Fighter Alpha 3 is even compatible on either of those emulators. Or any emulator.

Thanks in advance.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

chankast, dreamemu have far too many issues and are a couple of the early Dreamcast emulators but don't play much very well at all

demul is next option if nulldc does not work

As it happens the info you got is wrong Street Fighter Alpha 3 boots fine in nullDC (don't remember actually wanting to play it via emulation though I just done basic tests and play my Dreamcast games with my Dreamcast as emulation is not great of that system... yet)

Kalisto's dump of the game will not work due to it not being a selfbootable media or Mil-CD every other copy works or at least boots in NullDC

Make sure you have the NullDC 1.0.4 r150 version not the 1.04 r141 version

I will do a couple of tests now though and share some screen grabs

I used the DCRES copy for the test

Well looks to run fine and full speed for me [the speed will depend on your hardware partly] (still did not play anything just let the demo roll play through)

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?84702 has modern compat notes though as above I only really done boot tests though I always atleast let the demo mode play a bit and played a few in-game a little

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?66669 has the emulator version I mentioned NullDC 1.0.4 r150
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled4.jpg 
Views:	494 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	48712   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3.png 
Views:	535 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	48713  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	204 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	48714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	302 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	48715  

Last edited by Zorlon; 21st-February-2016 at 08:28.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zorlon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey it worked! For the record, I had tried 3 other versions of nulldc, but none of them were 150. I tried 150 and it worked smoothly. I played a little of arcade and versus mode, and both modes went great, including the sound quality. So thanks!