Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone gave me an Xbox 0_0 Now what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    Never delete C drive contents
    Okay I will keep EvoX just in case I mess up, how do I switch between Avalaunch and EvoX tho?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Make a shortcut with xbox shortcut maker, you can use avalaunch's file explorer to find the correct xbe file to launch to boot up EvoX

Personally not keen of EvoX so I replaced that with XBMC (I done that on a cloned HDD though so I still have my original drive as a backup)

C drive if I remember should mostly be the original dash that you need to keep

Note that some of the extra drives shown in the file explorer are shadow partitions, depending on how that is partitioned depends on what drive letter that is

D is the DVD dive
    E is the drive you use normally
    F drive is possibly that shadow drive I mentioned for you, you can't actually access that manually and when you do have something that looks at it, it is a clone of C drive if I remember correctly

Before you do any more tinkering I suggest that you clone your drive onto one of those IDE drives you have in storage, in the event you mess something up, also make sure to backup your Xbox HDD lock/unlock key

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

He shouldn't need to clone if he did what I originally said:
    Remove original HDD and put it somewhere safe.
    Throw in another HDD and use Slayers disc to format/setup.

Spoiler warning:

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

If it is not needed then just replace the dash with a dash you do want to use, you can make your own custom slayers CD/DVD if I remember anyway with whatever dash you want to use

Create a shortcut for Avalaunch to use to return you to your fav dash if you are using that as an App that I would recommend you keep it that way and use XBMC as your main dash using avalaunch as a faster way to FTP games ISO's to the HDD

XBMC has extra fixes than most dashboards and mod chips allowing more games to be playable from HDD, other fixes are still needed by a few games though or you can use a virtual DVD drive from the HDD though the interface/way it works is a bit clumsy, it does work though
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-February-2016 at 09:13.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Xbox1 is the best system on the market, second best is PSP Vita ................... they can play the most games from different consoles, when properly hacked. ....................... You don't need a working dvd drive to hack an unmodded xbox, but you will need an xbox that is already modded to hotswap the harddrive and then get the files you will need to format it with a hack from your pc. I've never "hot swapped" to install a mod on a xbox1, because I think its just too risky, but you can do that. (outside of emulation, there a few genuinely worth it games for xbox1, like onimusha with the higher resolution vs. a ps2, star wars battlefronts or the burnout series which has a higher resolution than the ps2, not to mention the widescreen hacks for those games etc.)

(XBOX1 AND PS2 in particular were designed to have engrossing single player experiences, the newer systems "Xbox One and PS4", etc. They are not designed that way, so beyond the flash, the consoles are worthless in the long run, I just bought a ps4 last christmas, and thinking of trading it in or upgrading it this year, and I won't miss or want to play anything on it that I've played already. Not as good quality as the previous generations of console games).
    PS2 Tool Kit
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.