Thread: Black WII console letterbomb wont let me install the homebrew channel (I formatted my wii)

Thanks
    EP Points

Default Black WII console letterbomb wont let me install the homebrew channel (I formatted my wii)

Help, I formatted my wii and tried to reinstall the homebrew channel, I did it cause the installed homebrew channel was upside down and didnt have the bootmii.
    Anyway I formatted the wii it was the 4.3U version and did the regular steps to softmode it, however letterbomb won let me install anything tells me:
    this installer can not continue.
    There is no usable or vulnerable ios installed on this wii.
    Please note that we will not use fakesigned ioses due to security reaso s. Only unpatched versions will be used!
    If this is already the latest version, well... suck it.

Help.
    Last edited by aspinia; 12th-February-2016 at 16:04. Reason: upload image

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like your stuck but if you have not already try modmii that is the best way to mod a Wii
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/modmii/

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok, l found a way:

http://wiisixtyfour.webs.com/WHG/IOSFix.html

these steps saved me, but they could be more specific and some pictures could be a great idea, and l had to install the ioses as "no" for every ios and not only choosing "yes" otherwise l'd be installing patched ioses again... but the guide helped l softmoded my wii (my third wii) came with the upside down homebrew channel with no way to play backups, maybe the previous owner messed with the files installing some dangerous files.
    Anyway if there is someone with the same problem this site could help.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The upsidedown homebrew channel is just a backup version of the homebrew channel and should still allow for homebrew including backup play at least from USB, DVD backup play is not the best idea on a Wii as burned discs do read at a slower rate to retail discs, a USB HDD on the Wii anyway reads faster than retail DVD's do hence faster load times and no DVD drive strain.. bonus

If all that was on the Wii with the upside down homebrew channel was that asides from the default channels, the previous owner possibly ran mostly everything from USB, using the homebrew channel to access it as that is all you need on the Wii nand to do be able to do that now

Yeah ios drivers can be easy to mess up if you don't know what you are looking at (most wouldn't)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR