Thread: PS2 ISOs on SoftModded PS2

Thanks

Default PS2 ISOs on SoftModded PS2

Hey All,

Sorry for the newbie question, and I probably already know the answer, I just want to make sure. But do the ISOs downloaded from here need any extra patching or anything to play on a softmodded ps2? Or can I just load the games I want up with WinHiip and go? I only ask because I remember reading somewhere, maybe the FMCB site, that downloaded games are often burned or created in such a way so they don't play as well as originals or backups you make yourself. Is there any truth to this? Or is that just a way of stopping people from thinking they can easily pirate games? Again sorry for the noob question. I am just making sure.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FloDoc15 View Post
    that downloaded games are often burned or created in such a way so they don't play as well as originals or backups you make yourself
    That statement is very vague. And no, there is no truth to it. In fact any modifications I have ever seen made to a PS2 game didn't affect the quality. Compression, patching, or conversion from CD to DVD are all well documented as per upload.

The playback speed of games is as follows, IIRC:

2x burned dvd
    3x factory pressed offical game
    5x for HDD

Burning a game will run more slowly than an official game, but running it from your HDD will run faster granted the HDD is not crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzmarazz View Post
    That statement is very vague. And no, there is no truth to it. In fact any modifications I have ever seen made to a PS2 game didn't affect the quality. Compression, patching, or conversion from CD to DVD are all well documented as per upload.

The playback speed of games is as follows, IIRC:

2x burned dvd
    3x factory pressed offical game
    5x for HDD

Burning a game will run more slowly than an official game, but running it from your HDD will run faster granted the HDD is not crap.

Good stuff! Thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure I didn't need extra programs for patching to play off my HDD.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by FloDoc15 View Post
    Good stuff! Thanks for the info, just wanted to make sure I didn't need extra programs for patching to play off my HDD.
    I believe running games from HDD can have its own issues, so some games might require some sort of fix. Possible some games might not work well or at all either idk

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

I guess that was my question mostly. Trial and Error, I guess! Just trying to cover all the bases. Thank you for your response

Thanks
    EP Points

This may also be relevant to this thread, I recently discovered after obtaining two ISO's of star wars battlefront II from separate sources, Neither would load with HDD loader v0.8, but did with OPL,

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...D-loader-V-0-8

Issue for not loading was not the with the actual console/setup/exploit, it was the program attempting to run it.

Conclusion,

Having a number of programs at your disposal to try load up game from HDD may allow you to play more games than trying them just on your preferred program.
    Last edited by Tetrimino; 22nd-March-2016 at 14:06.
    What I have owned to date.

Sinclair ZX spectrum, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Sega Master system, NES, SNES, Sega Mega drive, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Playstation 3

What I am emulating,

KEGA, MAME, Nestopia, Mupen ++, PJ64, 1964, NullDC, DEMUL, ePSXe, PCSX2, DeSmuMe.