Thread: PSONE Chipped NEED HELP PLEASE!

Thanks

Unhappy PSONE Chipped NEED HELP PLEASE!

Hello Guys, I have an EU PSone system. The other week i chipped it and it would not read disks full stop.

Today it now reads official disks and i managed to get two mins of play out of a burned copy of mega man x4 and castlevanina.

But after removing them both because i confirmed they were working, i went to my laptop to burn some more games and now it wont play catlevania and will only sometimes play megaman ?

Please help as I am desperate to get this working and cant find answerers anywhere!

Thanks and all the best,
    Cal.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The most probable cause would be the discs aka junk CD-R media (CD-RW media is not worth using at all it is too low end)

Other issues can be
    Bad burns (issue with your burning hardware)
    Poorly tuned laser on the PSone
    worn laser unit on the PSone
    dirt/dust/smears could be on both laser units PSone and the CD burner make sure both are clear

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlon View Post
    The most probable cause would be the discs aka junk CD-R media (CD-RW media is not worth using at all it is too low end)

Other issues can be
    Bad burns (issue with your burning hardware)
    Poorly tuned laser on the PSone
    worn laser unit on the PSone
    dirt/dust/smears could be on both laser units PSone and the CD burner make sure both are clear
    Thanks for the tips, i will take it apart and double-check the soldering connections and clean the laser assembly. The cd's arnt top quality but have burned another game so 2 games work and castlevania did too but it the only one that is no longer working?

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I would say it is the media that is at fault to be honest

burning tips though...

Use Dao/Sao method of burning (Disc at once/Session at once) [Tao Track at once will not work for most console discs]
    Burn at the slowest possible speed (Setting x1 as the speed will auto burn at the slowest your hardware can)
    Software to use would be ImgBurn (Settings can be left on default leaving only burn speed that would need to be set as the burn mode is correct by default)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR