Thread: Motherboards?

Thanks

Default Motherboards?

I need to know of some good mother boards. Especialy ones that can support alot. As in lots of space for cards and hard drives and such.
    Check out the best site in the whole world. hehe Sephires' Site
    Games I Own Last updated October 30, 2005

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

Intel or AMD?
    "When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."
    - Kabir

I will miss you guys.

Thanks

Intel.

I've been posting before you where an ache in you fathers crotch and you have the balls to call me a spammer.

Thanks

i would suggest only mainboards built around intel's chipset. if you want solid-rock mainboard that supports every today's standard but doesnt have much thingies (firewire, bluetooth, raid...) get intel's mainboard. if you want good mainboard with lotsa thingies get msi. asus has features that are combination of those before, and they are nice too. but dont go for via's or sis's chipsets, get mainboard with intel's chipset. you could paste here witch cpu you want to plug into the mainboad, and what kind of memory, i'll post you some names, prices, features and links here.
    Intel is up, AMD eats shit

Thanks

I have an intell pIII 566mhz and 256 sdram. But I want a board that can support what I have now and a much more powerful cpu later on.

Thanks

I curently have the intell i810 chipset.

Thanks

Default hmm..

Like gan said dont get sis or via's get an actual intel board. But you said you want to get a board that supports your now internal parts and want it to support "tommarows" cpu. intels next greatest cpu will be the 64bit homeuser processor as to wheter today's intel chipset will support it I don't know, I kinda doudt it will. Gan could probably give you some more info on that, as I don't keep up with intel news. But Amd's new 64bit homeuser processor is supposed to be of a different size then what today's slot A's are so, buying any motherboard today will not get you ready for next year's (next gen processors) which will be 64bit cpu's.

Graphics, and 3D polygons don't make great games, story-lines do!!

Grantu2

Thanks

i saw this topic and thought i'd join in.. except im looking for a AMD mother board with atlease 5 PCI's, 4X AGP, more than 2 DDR slots, and USB2. I want it for my AMD 2200+ CPU

I know Ganondorf wont approve of AMD, but i just dont have the money right now for a Intel
    Emuparadise.org - Been with you since late 2000 and still going strong!