Thread: Wind Waker ISO corrupted.

Thanks

Default Wind Waker ISO corrupted.

i downloaded two different versions of the windwaker ISO from emuparadise. i then downloaded 7 zip to try and extract the files. 7 zip, and every other program i used. stated that the ISO is corrupted.

is there another program i should be using for extracting this? is the ISO corrupted? if it is not corrupted how on earth do extract the game from the seemingly broken files from emuparadise?

willing to provide info to help. thanks!

Thanks

If you think it's the fault of the compression, try winrar. never had problems so far and i am taking iso's and stuff from emuparadise also.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Probably interrupted downloads so that's why they're corrupted. Using Winrar wouldn't make any difference.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Probably interrupted downloads so that's why they're corrupted. Using Winrar wouldn't make any difference.
    any idea what could cause and interruption? my internet is plenty fast and i have downloaded many things with no issue. are you sure its not the file? have you tried to extract this ISO with no issue? if it is the ISO who do we talk to to get it fixed?

Thanks
    EP Points

Well if the downloads are from the main site you could try changing to ftp in the the download options. There are also server options (Europe/US I believe, but the default is automatic).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Well if the downloads are from the main site you could try changing to ftp in the the download options. There are also server options (Europe/US I believe, but the default is automatic).
    i did not know that thanks you. i tried downloading only windwaker and let my computer run the download alone. it still turned out corrupted. i will download the FTP versions thanks.

how exactly do i download the FTP version? if you could point that out that would be great for myself and others reading.
    Last edited by ZeLeprachaun; 2nd-February-2016 at 17:37.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just before you download you should see a red button that says "Edit download settings" below the direct download link. Click that to change some options.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Just before you download you should see a red button that says "Edit download settings" below the direct download link. Click that to change some options.
    i tried it that way it still says its a .ISO in a 7 zip format. is it supposed to say its a .FTP file in properties?

if it was an FTP it was corrupted as well.

i need to do some research on ISO disk images. anything you could provide to get me closer to my goal of extracting the file would be awesome.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

.ISO is the correct format

extract directly from the compressed file do not open it first

i.e. right click the file you downloaded and use the 7-zip option extract here from that menu or open the downloaded file with 7-zip then hit back in the 7-zip browser , make sure the compressed file is still selected then hit extract here, both do the same thing...

Wii, GameCube & Xbox dvd images can not be read by normal methods on a PC (They do not use the standard file system that normal DVD's use) and even virtual CD/DVD drives will tell you the contents is corrupt as well as winrar trying to read/extract the contents of an ISO for those systems.

Although a PC can not read the ISO images for those systems directly to read the contents of those, the emulator dolphin can (for GC and Wii images anyway).

If you get an error still while extracting then yes the download was interrupted at some point during the download but you can fix that by using a download manager that will check back with the source file and ensure all the parts of the file fully download
    Last edited by Zorlon; 3rd-February-2016 at 14:01.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR