Thread: Help with rebuilding 0.139 MAME set

Thanks

Default Help with rebuilding 0.139 MAME set

I am in the process of finishing my RetroPie build on a Rpi2 and I am tackling the MAME section last.

And I am at a loss of how to rebuild the romset for 0.139, which is the compatible set for the lr-mame2010 emulator.

If I am not mistaken, I would use the rebuilder option to update 0.139 with XXX set? And I would rebuild from, say .168 then .16x and keep going backwards?

In using clrmamepro, would I load the 0.139 DAT file and set the source folder of XXX romset and use the ORIGINAL .139 set as the destination folder, with all the roms still in it?

Is this the best approach?

Thanks
    EP Points

I was looking for the 139 romset for my rpi2 and found a torrent at tpb. I found clrmamepro way too confusing and time consuming.
    I hope you know that lr-mame2010 is experimental atm and runs slower than 2003. I'm just using it for those few games that I want to play that aren't in 2003. If i lower the resolution to 720p most are playable. I run 2003 with custom scanlines that look nice at 1080p.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

clrmamepro is the best option for re-building sets yes though some may find it a little confusing at first but it is easy enough to use, on the same note it is best used to update to newer sets not downgrade sets, will explain that in a bit

clrmamepro is time consuming though and if you can find the full set for the correct version that would be a lot of personal time saved plus old rom sets also use different roms (older out of date dumps) to newer sets so you will hit a snag there and find that alot of the roms can not be fully re-built from a newer set

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I had a look on KAT before and there's a torrent of MAME v0.139 (OneUp release) plus a couple of other v0.139 torrents.

Spoiler warning: