Thread: MAME scrolling games titles list problem + cps2 issue

Thanks

Default MAME scrolling games titles list problem + cps2 issue

Hi!

I'm using Mame64(0.170)on my windows10 laptop. And I ve got a big issue. It recognizes only 16 games in my /roms directory(there is actually 60 games + drivers) as in the main games list view of Mame the list doesn't scroll after the 16th games, that means the window can contain only what the screen can display. I don't know if it's clear and english is not my first language as well...sorry...

The weird thing is that I've tried to run Mame on an other laptop with windows10 as well and it was doing the same error.

So Mame is working only if I put few games in my roms directory but it's annoying because of the drivers as I need to know which game run with which driver as there is too many drivers to fit in the 16 entry limits. Help !!!!

My other problem is with CPS2 games, I've got 2 of them(progear and Mars matrix) but they're not working with none of the drivers I've got. I've downloaded the bios pack available at emu paradise, and tried each individuals drivers with the game and it's like there was no drivers for Cps2. Any idea where to find the driver?

Thank you!!!!
    Last edited by Spagueto; 28th-January-2016 at 14:56.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just grab a GUI version of MAME any will do to be honest, MAMEUI is one I used for years but it is not the only option

The bios pack is outdated and should not be used at all anyway, it's from an old version of mame and a lot of the bios sets in it have been re-dumped since that was put together so those that gotr re-dumped will no longer work with the current version of Mame

for Capcom System II games you will just be missing the Q-Sound rom chip dump

http://www.emuparadise.me/M.A.M.E._-...Q-Sound/164687

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Thank you for your answer!!! I've put the qsound driver in the rom directory but it still not working.

I'm using Mameui64 now, and the titles of the CPS2 games don't even show up on available games
    Last edited by Spagueto; 28th-January-2016 at 18:26.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Give this emu a try instead?

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...Arcade-Rom-Set

Its preferred for Neogeo/CPS1/2/3 and whatever other arcade systems it can run.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Thank you

Thanks

Thank you Zorlon, the qsound driver actually did the trick!