Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (Petition) Allow users that bought digital games on the PlayStation 3 to have them on PlayStation 4.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    I'm sure they're going to get right on that:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pla.../1100-6435193/
    Typical Sony. Notice the article says US and Europe though Wonder if we'll get all the old unsold EU consoles? Might have to keep an eye on prices, although last time I looked they weren't dirt cheap (I think they might have bundled some with PS4s at some stage but that was a while back).

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

It's unfair as PlayStation owners have to pay for the same games twice. I am two working copies GTA 5. And even though there the same game, ps3 cannot play with ps4 players online

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Baldree View Post
    It's unfair as PlayStation owners have to pay for the same games twice. I am two working copies GTA 5. And even though there the same game, ps3 cannot play with ps4 players online
    I suspect that mp question has more to do with game developers than the consoles, like some games can have cross platform multiplayer: pc and console (maybe one or more).
    With PS3 and PS4 in particular its just not as common. But it does exist already afaik.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Baldree View Post
    Right now the PS4 version is way further along than the PS3 version in updates. The PS3 version was always a bit limited in what it was capable of and they realized it wasn't going to be able to keep up forever.

Also the PS4 lobbies were always much larger.

So it's more of a technical problem than a software one.

Thanks
    EP Points

DC Universe Online.
    FF XIV.
    Guilty Gear Xrd.
    Terraria.
    Natural Doctrine.

Probably no reason why GTA V can't be, developers probably just haven't bothered putting the time and effort into doing it.

Here's a quote regarding Destiny:
    Bungie engineer Roger Wolfson explained that it decided to cordon off new-gen from last-gen players for gameplay reasons and not due to technical limitations.

“I’ll speak for the hypothetical player,” Wolfson said. “[On PS3], I have a disadvantage sniping across the map because [my opponent with a new-gen console] is only two pixels on my screen, and I’m four pixels on his. You see that in the world of PC gaming, where people are always racing to the best video card to give themselves the advantage.”
    Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection (remasters) has even had mp removed completely because:
    Naughty Dog's Eric Monacelli confirmed that the developer has "no plans to release multiplayer again."

"We didn't want to fracture the current player pool and community," he added.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    DC Universe Online.
    FF XIV.
    Guilty Gear Xrd.
    Terraria.
    Natural Doctrine.

Probably no reason why GTA V can't be, developers probably just haven't bothered putting the time and effort into doing it.
    FFXIV has numerous issues with cross platform play though. The PS3 players can't even see half the people they're playing with.

Xrd and Terraria are low spec enough that it's a different ballgame. A 2.5D fighter and a 2D minecraft clone are hardly comparable to huge multiplayer games.

Natural Doctrine's cross platform multiplayer is a card game.

GTAV would have to limit cross platform play to old content and 16 player servers. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. The multiplayer barely worked on last gen as it is.

And regardless of what the press guy says, one of the selling points of NDC was the UC4 beta. Why would you possibly want to cut down on people playing your beta when they're having fun with 2/3's multiplayer? This was a way to move more units of UC4 and get more people playing the beta. And a way to save money, of course.