Thread: Star Wars Battlefront II stutter fix. (

Thanks

Default PS2 Star Wars Battlefront II stutter fix.

Hey guys. I know a bunch of people have been having trouble getting a good backup for Playstation 2 copy of Star Wars Battlefront 2 to run well on their PS2 consoles. After hours of searching the internet, I found no help myself. Luckily, I found a simple fix to help make the game playable again.

Step 1: Downloads
    Download ImgBurn http://download.imgburn.com/SetupImgBurn_2.5.8.0.exe
    Download a Dummy File Creator. http://www.mynikko.com/dummy/
    Download 7zip http://www.7-zip.org/

Step 2: Extraction
    I am assuming you already have your backup of SWB2. Extract your ISO to a destination folder

Step 3: Information
    Open up the folder in the extracted ISOs directory: /DATA/_LVL_PS2/MOVIES/
    This is the location of the troublesome intro fmv, "SHELL.mvs".
    "INGAME.mvs" refers to the videos played during the main campaign mode.

Step 4: Replacement
    Open up the Dummy File Creator. Replace the File path with the "SHELL.mvs" in the ISO directory and make the File size the same as the original file size in the MOVIES folder that you opened up. Repeat the same steps to the "TRAILER.mvs" because they are both large, unimportant files. I left the "TRAINING.mvs" and "INGAME.mvs" alone and the game runs 100% without any stuttering.

Step 5: Writing a New ISO
    Go into ImgBurn and go to "Create image file from files/folders". Copy all the files and folders, including the replaced SHELL.mvs and TRAILER.mvs, from the extracted ISO folder into ImgBurn. Create the directory for the new .ISO and click build.

Step 6: Testing (Skip if you don't want to)
    I have a copy of pcsx2 that I wanted to try this copy on first before wasting a DVD on a dud. Load SWB2 into PCSX2 and see if it was successful.

Step 7: Burning
    Most people already know how to burn an ISO image onto a disc, but I will tell you that I used a Memorex DVD+R at 8x speed in ImgBurn and the game works better than a lot of my originals and backups.

I hope this guide helps. I wish I tried to do this sooner as the demand isn't as high as it may have been 5 years ago. Or at least before the new Star Wars Battlefront game. Good luck and have fun!
    Last edited by Erectric; 3rd-February-2016 at 07:21.