Thread: Is the Supercard DSTWO+ real?

Thanks

Default Is the Supercard DSTWO+ real?

I've been waiting forever to learn more about the DSTWO+ and I still can't find any solid information on it. Does anyone have one of these? Can it do everything the original DSTWO could do (play DS games as well as GBA and emulators) as well as run 3DS games?

I'd appreciate any solid information you have.

Thanks!

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes it is real - http://eng.supercard.sc/

Yes it can do everything the original can do, its pretty much the original with 3DS support thrown in.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Warrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Yes it is real - http://eng.supercard.sc/

Yes it can do everything the original can do, its pretty much the original with 3DS support thrown in.
    Do you own one? As far as I can tell it only works on 9.2 and earlier. Correct?

I'm assuming it's just the single card and you load the 3DS roms (and your other roms) right onto a micro SD card and put it inside the DSTWO+ and you're good to go.

I'm trying to get all the information I need about this thing before making a purchase. Any idea why it's so much cheaper than the SKY3DS and even it's predecessor?

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyShad0w View Post
    Do you own one? As far as I can tell it only works on 9.2 and earlier. Correct?

I'm assuming it's just the single card and you load the 3DS roms (and your other roms) right onto a micro SD card and put it inside the DSTWO+ and you're good to go.

I'm trying to get all the information I need about this thing before making a purchase. Any idea why it's so much cheaper than the SKY3DS and even it's predecessor?
    I own 2 original Supercard DS Twos and 2 Supercard DS One is.

There is no reason to get a flash card now that 3DS is fully hacked and has CFW.

You might want to go look into that, I don't own a 3DS so I can't help you there.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

I haven't checked 3DS CFW for a bit now but compatibility isn't as good as a flash cart iirc. Plus there is risk involved, and you can't just simply load CFW onto a 3DS.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 15th-January-2016 at 22:57.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    I haven't checked 3DS CFW for a bit now but compatibility isn't as good as a flash cart iirc. Plus there is risk involved, and you can't just simply load CFW onto a 3DS.
    Yeah that's why I'm looking at the flashcart options. I don't really want to hack my 3DS. Everything I've read leads me to believe it's pretty complicated and it does sound risky.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,269 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

The 3DS needs to be on 9.2 or below to use DS2+ or Gateway. Sky3DS+ (orange button version) works on all firmwares. Gateway can install an emunand so you don't have to update your official firmware. There are reports of the DS2+ bricking 3DS consoles because of the Gateway plugin it uses.

That's only the basics, you'll need to read up at a few dedicated 3DS forums, they go into a lot more detail.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackhammer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    The 3DS needs to be on 9.2 or below to use DS2+ or Gateway. Sky3DS+ (orange button version) works on all firmwares. Gateway can install an emunand so you don't have to update your official firmware. There are reports of the DS2+ bricking 3DS consoles because of the Gateway plugin it uses.

That's only the basics, you'll need to read up at a few dedicated 3DS forums, they go into a lot more detail.
    Yeah. I guess I'll look into doing CFW. I'm on 7.1 so I have a lot of options.

With something like rxTools is it possible to run DS roms and emulators?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyShad0w View Post
    With something like rxTools is it possible to run DS roms and emulators?
    I have a "New" 3DSXL running rxTools and my understanding is no, it cannot run DS games. So I went ahead and purchased an R4 flashcart for that. The "New" 3DSXL has good enough hardware to run a homebrew Gameboy Advance emulator so I didn't spring for the Supercard DSTWO+.

Here are the emulators I have on my N3DSXL with rxTools:
    Gambatte - Gameboy Color
    gpSP - Gameboy Advance
    Nestopia - NES
    snes9x_next - SNES
    genesis_plus_gx - Sega Genesis
    *pcsx_rearmed - Playstation

All except the Playstation emulator work fairly well. I get the occasional crash with the Gameboy Advance emulator (it's the one I play most) but as long as I save frequently, it's not a huge deal for me. I'm using the nightly builds of RetroArch so maybe once they have a more stable build, it'll work better for me.
    Last edited by Organized_Chaos; 18th-January-2016 at 01:54.