Thread: Gravis GrIP/Modem Conflicts, please help...

Thanks
    EP Points

Gravis GrIP/Modem Conflicts, please help...

I bought the original Gravis Game Pad Pro the other day and while the pad works more or less ok, my modem is very slow, sometimes doesn't connect at all and on the rare occasion that it does connect, it disconects me 2-3 minutes later. Please help me.

Thanks
    EP Points

Arrow

Well, this is a really common problem m8! Some of the reasons could be:
    • Noisy Phone Line
    • Crappy Modem
    • Bad ISP
    • Misconfiguration
    • etc etc etc...
    Well, if you have a noisy phone line, you should try to contact your phone company and tell them about it. They usually aren't too quick about these things so act STERN!
    Crappy modem, this is a very rare case, so I would suggest that if your modem is external, try to take it over to someone else's place and using it. If it's internal, then either ask someone who knows how to do the job or to do it yourself if you know how to do it.
    Sometimes it's just your ISP that disconnects you, so you should try using the same ISP from someone else's place.
    Mis-configuration, try adding
    s10=225
    in your modem's advanced settings. What this does is it helps your modem to maintain carrier for 225ms if carrier loss occurs, usually helpful for noisy phone lines and other network blackouts.
    That's as far as I can help. Hope one of this works.. start praying!

Thanks
    EP Points
    Thanks for helping, MasJ. I still couldn't get it to work so I took it back to the shop. I might get a Microsoft Sidewinder though. Anyway, thanks for your help.

[ August 25, 2001: Message edited by: Cosmic3K ]