Thread: Help with Super Smash Bros. Melee PLEASE!!!!

Snowball Guest

Default Help with Super Smash Bros. Melee PLEASE!!!!

In Super Smash Bros. Melee, i have every trophy except for diskun, and the only end of level bonuses/penalties i haven't got are: Mario Maniac, Power Shielder, and Hammer Throw. I HAVE read the descriptions of how to get them, but i don't know how to do it. eg. mario maniac just doesn't work (???why???), i dont know what a 'power shield' is, and, how do you throw a hammer away? SOMEONE HELP!!!!!

Thanks

have you tried going to a video game help site like gamefaqs. Theres many others as well but thats the site that pops up to my head when ever i need help on a game. So go here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/game...ame/32502.html and that hopefully should get your questions answered.

Snowball Guest

Thanx, it worked, except for one. I dont get 'power shielder'. it was explained as using the shield as you get hit, but it doesn't work. ive tried over and over again, and nothing. can someone help????

Thanks

I haven't played the game yet (I'm too cheap for now) but by the sounds of it maybe you have to attack right after you defend or something like that.

Thanks

i dont play those mario type N-64 games...sorry

I'm the bastard that created The Hang Out many years ago
    I like to remind people to feed my ego

Thanks

I think you just have to block like every time they try to hit you..., but I'm not sure, I only have 263 trophies, How did you beat the 15 minute melee?

Snowball Guest

beating 15 min melee is easy enough, although a bit of luck comes into it. be DK, stand under on of the lower platforms, face the middle, and hold control stick down while continuously pressing B. DK just smacks 'em off the edge. if u get hit, get back and do it again.

about the power shield, i found out that the power shield is actually the shield that reflects stuff. eg. u know when u're playing against hard CPUs, you throw something at them and they relflect it? they reflect it with the 'power shield'. again, u just press shield before it hits u.

Also i saw something about a secret move for samus, a super-long grappling beam. supposedly, u just keep tapping Z while pressing UP DOWN UP DOWN repeatedly on the D pad. i cant get it to work, if anyone else can can u tell me how?

Thanks

Tried that, and I had no luck, lol, but I did get it by repeatedly doing yoshi's down b from above the top platform, I'll look around, if I see that bonus thing, I'll post it right away

Snowball Guest

Smile

thatll do.

I got the power shield thingo to work! hurrah!
    unfortunatley, it was a complete fluke. what i did (and probably a good idea) is get player 1 & 2 as human, an both fox. go to final destination. have NO items. also do either a stock match with alot of lives or a time match with unlimited time.
    What to do is experiment. have 1 controller in 1 hand, and the other in the other. get 1 fox to shoot his laser (B) and when its about to hit the other one, press R or L. keep trying to perfect it, then use it for the bonus.

good luck

Snowball Guest

in fact, while im on the subject of the Diskun trophy, i thought id explain some of the other bonuses i had trouble with for anyone who cares. the ones i coudnt work out were:
    MARIO MANIAC - Used only mushrooms, fire flowers, and starmen. (a)
    HAMMER THROW - Threw away the hammer (b)

(a) i got mario maniac by doing vs. mode, melee with 2 human players, 1 life. You set the items to ONLY fire flower, starman (invicibilty) and SUPER mushroom, NO poison mushroom. u have to get at least one of each item, and kill with a fire flower. DO NOT pick up crates/barrels/capsules, or it doesn't work, although you can attack them to open them. kill the opponent 1nce and youre done.

(hammer throw in next post)

Snowball Guest

b) hammer throw is really easy. just set items to hammers only, very high item flow, and preferably 2 humans. go to Mute city. when the game starts, grab a hammer. when the track goes electric, jump onto it (with your hammer), and u fly upwards. when you reach your peak height and youre about to fall back down, press Z and you should drop the hammer. this might take a few tries.

If you need help with anything else Super smash melee, ask here

Thanks

How the hell di you get under 12 1/2 mins in total target tests? Itried today, I can barely get under 20

Snowball Guest

well, its kind of hard to explain...
    if u calculate it u need an average of 28.8 seconds per character. my total time is 11:17, and it took me ages. you just ned to keep trying different tactics with different people, and aim to get under 30 secs with each one. now u cant easily get under 30 secs for some, but u can with others. eg. i got 10 for Mr. G&W, 17 for luigi and link, 15 for roy, etc. just keep trying.

are there any youre having particular problems with???

Thanks

I got 8 secs with Mr G&W, just did up b a bunch of times and got it by fluke. The hardest one is Dr Mario, I have 1:48 for him

Snowball Guest

I found a way to get the power shield to work.
    do training mode with fox vs fox, make them human and put it on 1/4 speed. get it working there then go 1/2 speed, then 2/3 speed the x1 speed. if you can get it to work there, you can do it in vs match. i cant.