Thread: total noob needs some help. (when I say noob I mean starting today LOL)

Thanks

Default total noob needs some help. (when I say noob I mean starting today LOL)

So I decided to try some emulation on my smart phone. (Samsung Galaxy S5). I was pretty successful with the SNES emulator. (got Link to the past working). Now I am trying my hands on a Playstation emulator. I have the emulator installed, it's the game files I am having issues with. (BTW everything I am using I have downloaded from this website).

So I love FFVII so that is what I am trying to use. I have downloaded the three files disks 1-3 (zip files).
    I also downloaded the PakkISO.exe
    and the ecm.exe
    (this is where I get lost)

Now if I have Pakkiso.exe. I shouldn't need ecm.exe correct?

How the hell do I use the Pakkiso.exe? I installed it and I cant figure out whats next. I dragged and dropped the ECM file onto it. A new window opens up and what looks like DOS opens and starts. It says that its scanning it then converting the file (paraphrasing those words by the way) Then it's done. Now I cant find where the file is sent. Are there any step by step instructions or you tube vids. I can watch to help me. I would love to get this to work so I can actually play some of my fave PS games on the road..

Thanks
    EP Points

You could also just use ZArchiver right on your mobile device. Handles everything including the dreaded ECM compression. It's free on the google store I believe.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You got ECM tools so you should have UnECM.exe
    Copy that, paste shortcut into the folder with your .ecm disc image, drag and drop. This method puts the new file in the same folder as the .ecm file.

If you ran Pakkiso on your phone you can get something like Androzip file manager, which lets you view your phones contents kind of like Windows, and use the Search function to find your .IMG/.ISO/.BIN files.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Thanks

Thanks for the help everybody. I am starting to get the hang of it. I have already downloaded a few games that have the .ecm extension. Now I have another problem.
    I downloaded Lunar Silver Star story. when I open the RaR file there isn't just one ecm file there are 4 files.
    1CCD
    2 image files
    and 1 sub file.

What the hell do I do with these 4 files LOL

Also I am trying to do PSP files and again.. there are multiple files when I open the RaR file any help would be awesome.

Nope stuck again LOL
    trying to install Crisis Core FFVII its for the PSP.. I opened up the downloaded file and it's a bunch of RaR files. Totally lost...
    Last edited by bikerscout1599; 29th-December-2015 at 04:13.