Thread: Question About the Wii

Thanks

Question Question About the Wii

Hi Everyone i have a question and i need some information a few month back i got myself a brand new Wii U so i read that i can transfer all my saves, channel, and virtual consoles games that i have on my wii and put them on my new wii u, all i need is a sd card both wii and wii u turn on and a transfer wii u tool (i think that what it call) that i can get on the wii shopping channel, so i got all that except the "transfer wii u tool" i am having some problem with the wii shopping channel it need to be updated however there one problem my wii is softmoded with the homebrew channel i been doing some research but i can't tell if it truth i read some where that if the wii is at 4.3 version (i believe that the max update) i can update the wii shopping channel manually in the wii update option without bricking it like i said i have no idea if this is truth can anyone tell me if my research is right ????

Also i want to point out that i really want to transfer all my channel that i had except the homebrew channel i don't no if i can erase it because i don't want that channel on my wii u would it be possible ??????

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    Hi Everyone i have a question and i need some information a few month back i got myself a brand new Wii U so i read that i can transfer all my saves, channel, and virtual consoles games that i have on my wii and put them on my new wii u, all i need is a sd card both wii and wii u turn on and a transfer wii u tool (i think that what it call) that i can get on the wii shopping channel, so i got all that except the "transfer wii u tool" i am having some problem with the wii shopping channel it need to be updated however there one problem my wii is softmoded with the homebrew channel i been doing some research but i can't tell if it truth i read some where that if the wii is at 4.3 version (i believe that the max update) i can update the wii shopping channel manually in the wii update option without bricking it like i said i have no idea if this is truth can anyone tell me if my research is right ????

Also i want to point out that i really want to transfer all my channel that i had except the homebrew channel i don't no if i can erase it because i don't want that channel on my wii u would it be possible ??????

Can anyone help me please.
    I have a softmodded Wii as well. I updated a channel I had and it updated just fine without bricking my Wii. However, I may have gotten lucky, so don't take my word for it. Even if you bricked your Wii, I don't think it's hard to unbrick it, I believe. I say you should try it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

Thanks

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by phiftyopz View Post
    I have a softmodded Wii as well. I updated a channel I had and it updated just fine without bricking my Wii. However, I may have gotten lucky, so don't take my word for it. Even if you bricked your Wii, I don't think it's hard to unbrick it, I believe. I say you should try it.

I try it and well i got lucky also i finally transferred all my stuff on my wii u except my homebrew channel witch i did not wanted on my wii u and all my games work fine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adam4landry View Post
    I try it and well i got lucky also i finally transferred all my stuff on my wii u except my homebrew channel witch i did not wanted on my wii u and all my games work fine.
    Glad I was able to help!