Thread: Help loading emulators on original xbox

Thanks

Default Help loading emulators on original xbox

Hello

Could anyone give me some advise on how too load emulators onto my expolited origonal xbox . I can connect no problem using a FTP client and put the emulators into the correct folders but for some reason they fail to show up .
    The only one i managed to load up was mame and even then when i placed the roms in the mame rom folder they were not showing up when loading mame .

There are a few guides on doing this but none seem to troubleshoot any problems .

If some one could point me in the right direction i would be gratefull .

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,268 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Which dashboard are you using, and which emulators are you using? I normally put my emulators in a folder named emulators. If you're using XBMC, you have to manually add the location of your emulators folder.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; 12th-December-2015 at 13:32.

Thanks

Thanks for the fast reply .
    Im using UnleashX softmod on the console ,there is a folder for emulators like i said but when i put them in there they fail to show up .

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by David Kneller View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply .
    Im using UnleashX softmod on the console ,there is a folder for emulators like i said but when i put them in there they fail to show up .

Here's a test emulator to try. It's a SNES emulator with one rom to save space, you can add your own to the roms folder. I'm going to assume you have a stock HDD. Unzip it, and FTP to your Xbox. It should look like this:

E:/Emulators/SNES

Scroll down to emulators on your dashboard, you should see ZSNEXBOX.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Put the rest of your emulators in the emulators folder.

Thanks

You my freind are a legend . The emulator you provided in the download worked a treat . Now can i use the same roms that i use on my pc on the xbox ? And could you link me to so other emulators because as i understand now they are not the same as the pc ones .

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

You my freind are a legend . The emulator you provided in the download worked a treat . Now can i use the same roms that i use on my pc on the xbox ? And could you link me to so other emulators because as i understand now they are not the same as the pc ones .
    Yes, they are just normal SNES roms. There should be a few emulators in the Xbox uploads section.

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ox-Master-List

Thanks

Thanks very much that is exactly what i was looking for . Now i have around 8000 roms and they take around 70gb space obviously the origonal xbox hardrive is way to small .
    Is there a guide anywere on this site to help me change the drive for a larger one ? I have 4 diffrent ide drives all various sizes from 80gb that should be ok

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks very much that is exactly what i was looking for . Now i have around 8000 roms and they take around 70gb space obviously the origonal xbox hardrive is way to small .
    Is there a guide anywere on this site to help me change the drive for a larger one ? I have 4 diffrent ide drives all various sizes from 80gb that should be ok

To upgrade the HDD depends on whether you have an old PC with an IDE port or not. If you have, you can use Xboxhdm.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.p...m-for-dummies/

The other option is to use an Xbox util called CHIMP. You will need an official controller for this method, 3rd party controllers wont work.

You can use this site to check if your HDD is lockable.

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/?p=list

Personally I'd leave as little as possible on my stock HDD before the upgrade, then transfer your games/emulators by FTP after the upgrade otherwise it will take forever to clone your HDD.

Thanks

Thanks so much for your kind help . I have managed to get all the emulators i needed and upgraded the hardrive .

Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks so much for your kind help . I have managed to get all the emulators i needed and upgraded the hardrive .
    Glad you managed to sort it out.