Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why do i keep getting hacked??!!

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Default why do i keep getting hacked??!!

someone/thing is constintaky hacking into my computer and deleting critical files, like the whole freaking system fiolder. I dont like reinstalling windows every frigging 3 days, i have TINY free firewall, and i dont think it is working. is there a better firewall or something else that i can do to block whoever is doing this?? this madness has to stop NOW if i ever get my hards on whoever did this......

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Kazuya Guest

What kind of OP (operating system) are you running and what kind of connection do you use?
    It might be a virus.

Thanks

WIN XP PRO and high speed cable

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Kazuya Guest

Okay I see. Good stats. If your looking for a good firewall, I would get Norton Firewall, it detects people who enter your computer, since this is the case. Are you looking for a free-ware firewall? If nothing else works, get Norton from Kazaa or W-Linker. I got all Norton Software from W-Linker but Norton Anti-Virus can **** you up if you got ME cuz of the restore ability. Search for W-Linker in any search engine to find the homepage. Oh oh, I'm talking about warez. I need to shut my mouth.

Thanks

i used norton firewall, but i think it knew that i didnot pay for it, cause it acked kinda funny. when i used it someone using a backdoor trogan subseven was attempting to attack my system. thats probbly whats killing me. thanks for the help

www.PacificMods.com

Kazuya Guest

No problem and btw, W-linker has hundreds of different applications, maybe you'll find a firewall to your liking.

SomeUserGuy Guest

zonealarm is an excellent firewall, and it's also free.

Thanks

Originally posted by SomeUserGuy
    zonealarm is an excellent firewall, and it's also free.
    Yeah Zonealarm is very good and I think even better than Noton firewall. Especially Zonealarm Pro. you can get zonealarm at www.zonelab.com in case u wondering.

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks
    EP Points

Subseven doesn't work on WINXP Pro, no worries about that, it's designed for the WIN98 Kernel. But Back Orifice is a different thing

CoLLapseD Guest

If you need a firewall Zone Alarm Pro is the best fire wall out in my opinion. Has all the bells ans whistles.

Thanks

I use McAfee firewall, it rocks.

It's wierd, several hundred IPs have tried to hack my computer since I started using McAfee. I shudder to think of the days before I had it...

Thanks

we already had discussion about firewalls in computer tech forum. and this thread belongs there, too.
    Intel is up, AMD eats shit

Thanks

Are you sure you're being hacked, maybe it's a virus? I mean, do you know you're being hacked? A hacker actually has to know your IP before they can actually do anything. So how does the hacker know your ip? Maybe there's a virus on your computer that sends your ip to hackers? Or do you use lots of programs that might give away your IP, like file-sharing programs (p2p) or chatting applications or something similar?

Oh, and about firewalls, I use BlackICE. I've heard it's pretty good, and it looks like it does the job. It's not free though...

Thanks

ok. as i don't know how computer literate you are this may sound like a dumb question. but do you have file and printer sharing on? winXP installs with it automatically ON! which means you are completely vulnerable to anyone basically. you need to turn it off after installing XP especially if you are on broadband. and zonealarm is a great firewall.

Thanks

how do i turn it off??

www.PacificMods.com