Thread: How to play Zelda: Twilight Princess on Dolphin without issues?

Thanks

Default How to play Zelda: Twilight Princess on Dolphin without issues?

Hi, I'm new here, so please tell me if there's a thread like this, but I've downloaded an ISO of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, and I tried to play it on the Dolphin emulator, but I experienced slowdown issues and eventually, the game crashed altogether.

How do I get the game to work properly?

I have Windows 7, on a Lenovo 7760 IdeaCentre B320 with 6 GB RAM, if that helps.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

CPU Intel Core i3 (2nd Gen) 2120 / 3.3 GHz
    It's a Dual-Core CPU
    AMD Radeon HD 6450
    Video Memory 1 GB

Wow AMD graphics with an Intel CPU, new one on me with laptops, you usually just get the rubbish Intel HD graphics

Edit: lol it's a desktop not a laptop thought it odd to have AMD mixed with intel, well still do for a retail machine

OK now I can see your laptop isn't too shabby for a laptop anyway

P.S. that game was released as a GameCube game and a Wii game

Anyway best place to look is the official site for setting for the game then possibly speed tweaks after

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p..._Princess_(GC) <- GameCube flavored
    https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...Princess_(Wii) <- Wii flavored (lol sounds bad)
    https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.p...formance_Guide if any speed tweakery is needed, but read the other notes first before you even look at this
    Last edited by Zorlon; 4th-November-2015 at 20:40.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks

Wait, never mind, it's going to be rereleased for the Wii U, so I'll just wait until I can get it for that system instead of having to resort to emulation

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You could of just got the retail Wii version and played it on your WiiU anyway or even soft modded the WiiU to play backup original Wii games

I can't give much advice on modding the WiiU though as it is a console I do not own, even if I did I still have the original Wii modded so would have little interest in modding the WiiU to play Wii backups, but I am certain it is possible as some of the hacks have included WiiU hacks that are not to be used on the Original Wii.

I use real consoles anyway myself anyway most the time and most the time I do emulate it is more for testing/helping others or if I'm just hacking a game either by codes or just testing a hard hacked/modded game to make sure I did not break the game.

I emulate much older systems but 90% of the time that is via another console
    Both the Wii and Xbox are great platforms to emulate older systems on

The Wii asides from Wii games can play GameCube games even the versions of the Wii that do not have GC pad and memcard ports can do that (HID USB pads can be used) and via emulation can play PSX and under, though personally never tested PSX on the Wii

The Xbox asides from Xbox games that are still not emulated can play all sorts of emulators mostly PSX and under also (I just don't like the Xbox pads so use a Xbox to PS2 pad converter's so everything is good for me there)

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR