Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ECM vs ISO ePSXe

Thanks

So you think that the latest version may be problematic for Peace Walker? Let me know what you find.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NVF View Post
    So you think that the latest version may be problematic for Peace Walker? Let me know what you find.
    Ya its borked, no dev has replied yet.

I'll downgrade from a binary I still have and see.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

Are there any light PS2 emulators? I've read that the PCSX2 is too much more for older PCs?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Are there any light PS2 emulators? I've read that the PCSX2 is too much more for older PCs?
    The PW bug was reported and it may of been fixed, it was a very recent bug and got caught quick thanks to you telling me.

There are no lite PS2 emulators, there is PCSX2 and Play!.

Play! is still new and WIP, its pretty slow and choppy but its getting somewhere.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks

I'll try Peace Walker with the latest version later. Game is really nice from what I've seen so far but the camera movement is making it painful to play. Could be my system but the camera is just not smooth enough to be really workable in this game which is too bad because I loved MSG1 and 3. I think 3 is one of the best games ever made.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'll try Peace Walker with the latest version later. Game is really nice from what I've seen so far but the camera movement is making it painful to play. Could be my system but the camera is just not smooth enough to be really workable in this game which is too bad because I loved MSG1 and 3. I think 3 is one of the best games ever made.
    Once you get used to your controls of choice in the PW options and set the Dpad to the right stick its far easier.

The controls were fixed in the PS3 version of PW BTW its just you never know when konami will kill the PS3 netplay, the PSP netplay is local and its playable online, its REALLY fun too. (I made a PPSSPP Online multiplayer tutorial for windows in case you wanna skim it)

There is even a cheat made for PPSSPP that lets you run the game at 60 FPS and it seems like you are playing the PS3 version until you notice the sprites are blown up and the PS3 versions is not.

I totally agree, MGS3 is my fav in the series.

Big Boss is a far more interesting character than Solid Snake.

Also if you don't know in PW PSP if you hold both shoulder buttons you can look and shoot while aiming instead of the usual hold R to aim and strafe while tapping the Dpad to precisely aim.

Portable ops is fun too

Last edited by Warrior; 6th-November-2015 at 19:51.

Thanks

Nice videos. How do you set up your controls? Even with the camera set up with the R analog it still doesn't feel smooth enough for me, but I'll play with it.

I think The End in MSG3 was one of the greatest boss fights of all time and hilarious to boot. I always felt the reaaaallllllly long ladder climb after that battle was to allow the gamer to soak in and savor what he had just accomplished.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nice videos. How do you set up your controls? Even with the camera set up with the R analog it still doesn't feel smooth enough for me, but I'll play with it.

I think The End in MSG3 was one of the greatest boss fights of all time and hilarious to boot. I always felt the reaaaallllllly long ladder climb after that battle was to allow the gamer to soak in and savor what he had just accomplished.
    Action type, camera rotation speed 4.

Seems the in game menu is borked in the latest builds now, it takes a few seconds to show when normally its instant.

Ya the End was funny, especially the PS2 internal clock easter egg.
    Last edited by Warrior; 6th-November-2015 at 23:03.

Thanks

I think my camera problem is due to framerate. Even when I just walk or run forward there's a jerkiness. Is most of Peace Walker small sets or do the areas become bigger?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I think my camera problem is due to framerate. Even when I just walk or run forward there's a jerkiness. Is most of Peace Walker small sets or do the areas become bigger?
    It seems it got borked recently.

I suggest going back a good couple of builds and testing it, it should be semi smooth with none to little sound crackle.

Also please try other games than Peace Walker and get a github account since in order to help improve PPSSPP to the best it can be is it needs bug reports if something goes south after any changes.

For now you should just test PW any report any issues and not play it seriously, I'm familiar with it since I own it and can tell if its a new issue or not.

Thanks

Yeah, I've been playing it with version 1.0 but I just find it really isn't smooth enough. My question about sets was about the game's design. In the first two missions the areas are very small. I'll check Github out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, I've been playing it with version 1.0 but I just find it really isn't smooth enough. My question about sets was about the game's design. In the first two missions the areas are very small. I'll check Github out.
    Ya PW is a big PSP game, really pushes it.

Just remember that if you have true appreciation for them then try to help improve them anyway you can like reporting bugs the best you can.