Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: EverDrive Packs Release Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by smokemonster View Post
    You can have multiple systems on one card. Just keep the OS folders in the root.
    Oh. Thats great news. Thank you for the help! Can I have the OS folders in the root and then maybe have GBA (and all games for gba in there)
    and GB (and all gameboy and gbc games in there) ? Does it work?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 290 Posts
    EP Points

Yes, that would work. Your drive could look something like:
    \1 GBA
    \1 GB
    \EDGB
    \GBASYS

You can rename and add as many folders as you wish, as long as those OS folders stay in the root. Adding a 1 in front of the main folders will keep them at the top of the list.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to smokemonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello,is the Super EverDrive & SD2SNES Pack v3.4 pack work in the SNES PowerPack ?

Thanks

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
    Hello,is the Super EverDrive & SD2SNES Pack v3.4 pack work in the SNES PowerPack ?

Thanks
    Has anyone tried this? The SNES Powerpak is light years behind even the Super EverDrive, so my guess is that it wouldn't be perfect.

Thanks
    EP Points

I am not having issues loading anything, I am using real hardware with an fds stick. I don't own the n8 at this point but I wouldn't use it to emulate the fds anyway.
    The issue with the bad dumps is just that, they are bad. Sure they may boot and start up fine, but the corrupt part could be in the middle or end of the game. I am going through and replacing as many bad ones I can, but some of the more rare ones it looks like the bad dump is all there is.
    Also FYI this fds pack is missing a number of games, bubble bobble for instance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bad dumps were only included when they were the only option from my usual sources (No-Intro and GoodFDS). The missing games are those which completely fail to load in the EverDrive, like Bubble Bobble. Below is MycahM's work documenting this:

OK = OK
    A4 = Unsupported Mapper A4 Error
    ?? = Either garbled, or other misc errors.
    SB = Error loading side B

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/SzN9pE6u
    Part 2: http://pastebin.com/hrLfNSHH
    Part 3: http://pastebin.com/2ELqvRYX

I would love it if someone could find alternative dumps of the bad games for inclusion in the pack. If you take this on, definitely shoot me a zip of your results

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh that makes since why they are missing. Didnt realize there were some unsupported on the everdrive. All the more reason to not use it. Its too bad there are still only some bad dumps as options.
    Gonna pm you about roms I found.
    Also aloram pm to you soon as well about where to find the ones not included in the N8 pack.
    The smokemonster packs are my goto for everything because, well because they are awesome. That is why I came here for the fds roms but they are geared for the N8. Would be cool to also host an FDS Stick pack with the games already renamed for the file size limit. I am still working on mine but when done I can send it to you as a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by smokemonster View Post
    Bad dumps were only included when they were the only option from my usual sources (No-Intro and GoodFDS). The missing games are those which completely fail to load in the EverDrive, like Bubble Bobble. Below is MycahM's work documenting this:

OK = OK
    A4 = Unsupported Mapper A4 Error
    ?? = Either garbled, or other misc errors.
    SB = Error loading side B

Part 1: http://pastebin.com/SzN9pE6u
    Part 2: http://pastebin.com/hrLfNSHH
    Part 3: http://pastebin.com/2ELqvRYX

I would love it if someone could find alternative dumps of the bad games for inclusion in the pack. If you take this on, definitely shoot me a zip of your results

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by willkaotix View Post
    Oh that makes since why they are missing. Didnt realize there were some unsupported on the everdrive. All the more reason to not use it. Its too bad there are still only some bad dumps as options.
    Gonna pm you about roms I found.
    Also aloram pm to you soon as well about where to find the ones not included in the N8 pack.
    The smokemonster packs are my goto for everything because, well because they are awesome. That is why I came here for the fds roms but they are geared for the N8. Would be cool to also host an FDS Stick pack with the games already renamed for the file size limit. I am still working on mine but when done I can send it to you as a starting point.
    Almost all games prompt for the A->B flip, but only some of them (it seemed like the ones with custom flip screens) didn't actually work with the Everdrive FDS emulation. Most of them worked fine.

Thanks
    EP Points

First, I want to say thanks for compiling these. They are amazingly convenient and very well done. There is just so much here that I probably would never have found if I tried to compile the ROMs for my flash drives myself. So far I've only dug into the NES pack, but I just wanted to share some problems and solutions I've found.

The first is with Recca/Summer Carnival '92. There is a great patch for this game called Recca Pure, which enables some extra game modes directly from the start screen; it really is the definitive version of the game.

There is a ROM named "Recca Pure (U) 2012-11-25.nes" which can be found in "Hacks" and "US R-Z," but it's not Recca Pure. The extra game modes aren't there. These should be removed. Also, I don't think Recca Pure should be in the "US R-Z" folder anyway, as it's a patch/hack. There is also a ROM named "Summer Carnival '92 - Recca (U).nes" in this folder. I don't know what this is because (prior to the 3DS Virtual Console releases) the only official release of this was on the Famicom, and I can't find any difference between "Summer Carnival '92 - Recca (U).nes" and the Famicom version. It should probably be removed too.

The actual Recca Pure is only available in "Collections -> Shoot 'em ups." The ROM is named "Recca Pure (Hack) by Sliver X v1.0.nes." This should also be available in the "Hacks" folder. It also worth noting that there are two versions of the Recca Pure patch. The version "Recca Pure (Hack) by Sliver X v1.0.nes" uses has a heavily modified title graphic. There is an "alternate title" version in which the original title graphic is restored, albeit with a color change. I think this is much more fitting, and it's generally preferred by purists. Both patches can be found here:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?t=12264

Use the original Famicom ROM with the patch, "Summer Carnival '92 - Recca (Japan).nes" from "Japan P-S."

-

The other problem with is with Mr. Gimmick, specifically with an Everdrive N8 on a US NES (although I'm guessing it will be the same with any non-PAL NES or Famicom). The Famicom expansion audio from the Everdrive N8 isn't perfect, so the original Famicom version, "Gimmick! (Japan).nes," is missing some sound effects (yes, my NES is properly modded for expansion audio, Akumajou Densetsu works with a real cartridge or the Everdrive). The translated version, "Mr. Gimmick! T+Eng 60hz.nes" has the same problem because it's a patch of the Famicom version. The PAL version, "Mr. Gimmick (Europe).nes," doesn't seem to work well on my US NES, and it runs too fast because of the 50/60Hz difference.

The solution is to use the NTSC patch found here (you have to be a Nintendo Age member):

http://nintendoage.com/forum/message...threadid=92842

This patch is applied to the PAL version and makes everything work on a US NES, at the correct speed, without needing expansion audio.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rcadegaming For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey, wanted to drop by and say thanks! These packs are awesome! Also, for anyone interested I pared down the GBA set a little to a more "us-centric" version. Specifically I cleaned out all the EU roms except the exclusives and I cleaned off the region tags from all the roms. For anyone uninterested in keeping EU roms around but still wants the exclusives, you can get them here.

(Also, if you're interested smokemonster, you can use Bulk Rename Utility to clean them up really fast. I understand wanting to keep them, but for me personally, I figure if it's in the USA folder already I can take a guess at what region it's from :p)
    Last edited by hking0036; 21st-September-2016 at 00:07.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hking0036 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Does anyone have a set of .SAV files (or .POW for powermappers) with filenames matching the NES pack? Or know a tool to generate them. I guess the everdrive n8 can create sav files but the powerpak needs them already created.

edit: I went ahead and started working on a set of .sav files for every battery-backed game in the n8 pack. It's all of the USA region games + some hacks and translations I was interested in. If anyone wants to modify it or suggest changes feel free.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by illinx; 23rd-October-2016 at 16:35.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to illinx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Not sure if anyone would be interested, but I found when making custom masked integer Framemeister profiles for the Genesis in 1080p mode (masking hides overscan pixel junk and colored borders), several of the Genesis games were either 320H, 256H, or a mixture of the two at various sub screens and option menus. So what I did was go through the entire US no-intro library and sort each game into resolution files on my Mega Everdive microSD card. The criteria was main gameplay. By this I mean games with 320H for main gameplay were separated from games that had 256H resolution for main gameplay. I then went a little further by making two more 320h and 240H categories specifically for sports games (since I'm not a fan of them and don't like them muddling up my library lists). So ultimately when I navigate into my USA region folder, I see following folder list:

256 res games
    320 res games
    Sports in 256
    Sports in 320

This made loading my custom masked Framemeister profiles much more user-friendly by taking the guess work out of which profile you'd need to use. So if anyone is interested and uses a Framemeister in 1080p, I could upload the package for you to check it out.

My profiles are always a work in progress, but you can download current packages from my web site here:

http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FBX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

hey guys thought i would contribute with my atari 2600 rom set.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. hope it works out.
    Last edited by deadlegion; 23rd-May-2017 at 03:46. Reason: coded link

19. The Following User Says Thank You to snstay For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hi smokemonster. Many thanks for these ROM packs. For the SD2SNES, have you ever considered including an optional SPC collection? I came across a GoodSPC v2.01 set somewhere and have been enjoying it on my SD2SNES for a while now and while I've been through the SPC portion of these forums I haven't seen any talk about SPC collections.

If anybody is interested, here's a link to an archive of the set, as well as a full listing of the file structure for reference.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. The collection contains 31,148 songs from a total of 914 games. Each file is 64k, and while the archive size is less than 100 MB, it unpacks to nearly 2 GB and might take up more on an SD card depending on the card's cluster size. Some games contain more than one dump of the same song but weeding out the duplicates is a lot of work since they contain different data from one another and are impossible to find with a duplicate file finder. Still, I may find the time soon to remove the duplicates but what I have so far is the best SPC collection out there to my knowledge.
    Last edited by iliek; 18th-January-2017 at 01:47. Reason: mod

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iliek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Hey smokemonster,

I'm back again with another collection for you... this time it's for N64 Racers. It's a collection of 66 games focused on all the racing genres. Link is below (and early adopters can go ahead and download it now):

N64 Racing Games
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Also, I've started grouping Unlicensed games into folders by company (i.e. Tengen, Camerica, etc.) It's by no means a complete set of companies yet, but it's a start.
    P.S. I noticed you were missing a few of these games, so I have added them to their respective company folders. i.e.: Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen version with mirroring glitch fixed), Menace Beach, Mermaids of Atlantis, Operation Secret Storm, Peek-a-boo Poker, Pesterminator, Rad Racket, Raid 2020, and Solitare.

NES Unlicensed Games by Company - Part 1
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. That's it for now... I hope to find the time to continue on with my massive Chronological lists soon.

Cheers,
    Visor
    Last edited by deadlegion; 23rd-May-2017 at 03:43. Reason: removed url tags from code boxes

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Visor For This Useful Post: