Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: EverDrive Packs Release Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

I missed out on downloading the N64 Game Series Collections before they went down, and the 7zip files on that Archive link are corrupt....bummer. Anyone know where I can download em?

Thanks
    EP Points

Eric- thanks for your interest. I have completely revamped the N64 Game Series Collections and they will be available shortly- stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by eric90000 View Post
    I missed out on downloading the N64 Game Series Collections before they went down, and the 7zip files on that Archive link are corrupt....bummer. Anyone know where I can download em?

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tjstogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 290 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Richardragon87 View Post
    Am so sorry to hear they got removed and you retired. Thanks for all the great work you did over the years, you inspired me to improve the everdrive GB folder well a really old version years ago and go through every super Gameboy game to list it if it would work with enhanced boarders or if it just had a unique pallet and the such. It took years to sort the SGB section but I managed to make something awesome well unless the micro SD cart shoots out of it like a rocket on how many times I powered my SNES on and off and somewhat... that's for all the help and yeah ^^

Though I think the harder part was going through a lot of the GBC games on a SGB as a lot didn't work I had to resort to Wikipedia and see which ones only worked on a GBC and make a new folder called Only For GBC I think that alone took up more time than anything else but I presume the hardest thing is organizing all the public domain games and changing the unlicneced names which were Chinese into better English ones thanks to the handheld underground for the name meanings.

While Demo's and Trainer intros were absent on the GB Everdrive so I took it upon myself to find a good source which had them and I named each author who made each and every one, I really wanted to make it like the SD2 SNES folder so I did my very best to fix it up. It's been a while on the SD2 SNES as I recently only got one with a MSU1 chip officily so I cant wait to see how these types of games work... over and out.
    Don't worry, I haven't retired. In fact, once I'm back from traveling in February (I'm in Buenos Aires now), the packs will be MUCH easier for me and tjstogy to work on. Updates will come much faster, and I may even be able to do away with the version-system entirely. Since I can now push list updates to Github immediately using aquaman's new scripts, we could be talking about daily pack updates even. I just need to test that out in this coming year and see if its feasible/desirable by users. Although, sometimes too many updates get annoying, so I'll need to find a balance.

Did you see my folder "Super Game Boy Enhanced" in the EverDrive-GB Pack? I think that has what you are describing as well, but based on the latest ROM set. I also put together a pack of all GB games with GBC palettes in their bios "GB with GBC Color Palettes", which you might like. Please PM me anything that you have that would make a good addition to the pack.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by smokemonster View Post
    Don't worry, I haven't retired. In fact, once I'm back from traveling in February (I'm in Buenos Aires now), the packs will be MUCH easier for me and tjstogy to work on. Updates will come much faster, and I may even be able to do away with the version-system entirely. Since I can now push list updates to Github immediately using aquaman's new scripts, we could be talking about daily pack updates even. I just need to test that out in this coming year and see if its feasible/desirable by users. Although, sometimes too many updates get annoying, so I'll need to find a balance.

Did you see my folder "Super Game Boy Enhanced" in the EverDrive-GB Pack? I think that has what you are describing as well, but based on the latest ROM set. I also put together a pack of all GB games with GBC palettes in their bios "GB with GBC Color Palettes", which you might like. Please PM me anything that you have that would make a good addition to the pack.
    Yeah I did it looked great but I made the one I had in advance before hand so you may notice a few things that you may have missed from it such as the default and enhanced colors I know you made one that said enhanced games and one that had the gb and gbc separately but I think the coolest thing which would be there has to be where the Super Gameboy used its own color pallet hence the default colors and the enhanced colors meaning the games which didn't have a boarder but had a completely different pallet set from what you would get. I did use a guide on a youtubers page which helped me find the default pallet color games and for the enhanced well I just checked every single one till I found them...

Oh yeah and for the SGB Boarder games think of it like your SGB Enhanced games but in this case it's a more shortened down name list which had boarders for a single game not counting the Japanese variants has around 431 games in total if you count the ongoing Pokémon hacks which have enhanced boarders every now and then and still ongoing but is pretty rare now.

Also what I have made should go nicely in there keep in mind to save space of spamming the forum I just pasted a bunch of folder names in one jpeg if you would like to see more I can post my layouts though I do have an interest of shortening names so it may kind of ruin the whole long name cut off and look below the bottom thing...Sample test.png

Sorry for the double post it was apparently caused when I clicked quick reply am not sure how it looped the same message twice... I changed this message as it double posted the same thing apparently.

It may seem random but I have already saved a bunch of PD games that were from other sites and checked if they work on the SGB or not I am talking about over 1000's of them!!!

I already have gone through the GBC ones and am doing the GB ones but left it mid way if I finish it I likely would have finalized the EDGB fully. If you want any info on what each folder has feel free to message back and glad on your words that you will continue the awesome work ^^

Edit I hope it wont loop but here's a picture of what my front would look like for the GB everdrive you may noticed I did shorten some names and stuff, am not sure if this will not flood the page like the last image did will see if this tag shortens it... in short it has the file and what is inside the rest is pretty hard to show but I can do another image showcase if you like this one?

https://imgur.com/zLtOp39

So all in all its around 6.31GB in total

At least on the PD side the totals are this...

354 GB Public Domain Games (This mostly is your standard fanmade things intros games and such)

414 GBC Public Domain Games (Same as above but have been checked they work on a GB)

430 GBC Only Public Domain Games (These games only work on the GBC and have been checked to work)

183 Intros and Demos (Based off your awesome SD2 SNES demo and intro vids I added these inspired off it)

40 Intros and Games (This I presume is also known as a Trained or Trainer it was intros of games releaced by groups which led to the game itself sometimes it had extra cheats and the stuff)

As for the hacks well I pretty much have kept up with all romhackings boards ones for the GB/GBC at least that also includes translations and the such even to this day I will likely have loads you wont have heard of.

Edit 2: I just did the hard way of getting the MSU 1 4 folder for the SD2 SNES done as it seemed there was no direct patched set and wow its an awesome experience now I know how the PCM files have to be added to the patched game, I am so glad I replaced my ebay version with the retro towers one ^^
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 28th-November-2017 at 02:45. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    EP Points

Oh crap I just ordered ton of new EverDrives from Black Friday sale - was getting ready to redownload everything and found out it's all gone!

Did anyone happen to mirror the latest packs to their GDrive, and wouldn't mind sharing? Would really appreciate it, thanks.
    Last edited by simbin; 29th-November-2017 at 16:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

This took me by surprise as in my original post I wasnt aware of all of this. Perfect timing.
    What will happen with translated/fixed/color restored/etc roms? I still dont know how this lists will make out life easier.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ochentay4 View Post
    This took me by surprise as in my original post I wasnt aware of all of this. Perfect timing.
    What will happen with translated/fixed/color restored/etc roms? I still dont know how this lists will make out life easier.
    I'm intrigued what color restored roms do you speak of? The only one I remember was the Telefang GBC game on a SGB where a ongoing translation that I keep updating to the latest one when it comes out had a fixed pallet set for the Super Game Boy.

There is some sort of bug on this forum when I post quick reply on explorer it says do you want to leave the page and when I click leave the page so the message can send it double posts, am not sure if you can fix this here?
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-December-2017 at 10:54. Reason: merged posts

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 290 Posts
    EP Points

I was on the RetroRGB Weekly Roundup this week talking about the packs (starts at 18:41)

Also: Buenos Aires is one of the most beautiful cities in the world

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smokemonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I was on the RetroRGB Weekly Roundup this week talking about the packs (starts at 18:41)
    This explanation was very helpful in understanding what you are trying to do now. I'm sad to see you retire from hosting the packs but grateful for all the work you and your team have done. I'm glad I got the chance to help out in a small way a few months ago.

Thanks
    EP Points

v1.8 NES - Great Hierophant submitted a collection of NT-fixed versions of every VS system game, as researched and documented at the NerdlyPleasures Blog. He even sorted them by PPU to make it easier to select the correct palette, since the NT’s palette auto-select feature is broken for VS.
    - NES: Added more VS. PPU Palettes – Thanks Great Hierophant!
    - NES: Added Sangokushi - NT Fixed (Japan) (Rev A) v1 SmokeMonster – Thanks Great Hierophant!
    - NES: Removed a few unnecessary ROMs from “NT Fixed” – Thanks Great Hierophant!
    How does this new system deal with situations like the above? Is there something like a built in IPS patcher?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Riptides View Post
    How does this new system deal with situations like the above? Is there something like a built in IPS patcher?
    I'm worried about this also. The base roms are easily obtainable - it's all the intricate fan hacks, translations, etc. that will be lost for most of us.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by simbin View Post
    I'm worried about this also. The base roms are easily obtainable - it's all the intricate fan hacks, translations, etc. that will be lost for most of us.
    also the patches that fix flashcart/hardware compatibility issues, and in the case of the analogue nt mini, there are things like color pallets, BIOSes etc.
    In the interview with Bob, smokemonster compared this project to no-intro/goodsets and talked about how a large goal was to collect what was playable on the hardware, however, this new system impairs that ability a bit. Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand why he is switching to this new model and around a month ago I found myself thinking about how something like this could be open sourced. I do wonder if we switched a bit prematurely before we had built a system robust enough to accomplish that properly. While a console like the analogue nt mini, with all its extra little files, might be outside of the scope of something likes this I do see a solution to the issue of hacks/translations/patches/fixes by building in a patcher. From my understanding (which could be wrong so plz correct me if so) the IPS (or whatever other format) patches aren't illegal to host so they could even be included in the repo. Or if there is a problem with that you could include a URL in the lists to tell the script where to download the patch from. Again, please don't misinterpret, I mean no insult to the great work all of these guys have done. I know python and have experience working on multi person projects using git. If smokemonster and the other devs are interested in expanding the functionality to include something like this I would be more than happy to volunteer some of my time to help make that a reality if they take pull requests.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Riptides View Post
    also the patches that fix flashcart/hardware compatibility issues, and in the case of the analogue nt mini, there are things like color pallets, BIOSes etc.
    In the interview with Bob, smokemonster compared this project to no-intro/goodsets and talked about how a large goal was to collect what was playable on the hardware, however, this new system impairs that ability a bit. Don't get me wrong, I 100% understand why he is switching to this new model and around a month ago I found myself thinking about how something like this could be open sourced. I do wonder if we switched a bit prematurely before we had built a system robust enough to accomplish that properly. While a console like the analogue nt mini, with all its extra little files, might be outside of the scope of something likes this I do see a solution to the issue of hacks/translations/patches/fixes by building in a patcher. From my understanding (which could be wrong so plz correct me if so) the IPS (or whatever other format) patches aren't illegal to host so they could even be included in the repo. Or if there is a problem with that you could include a URL in the lists to tell the script where to download the patch from. Again, please don't misinterpret, I mean no insult to the great work all of these guys have done. I know python and have experience working on multi person projects using git. If smokemonster and the other devs are interested in expanding the functionality to include something like this I would be more than happy to volunteer some of my time to help make that a reality if they take pull requests.
    I've already pre-ordered the Super Nt so rest assured when that comes out I will make sure the lists are up to date for whatever cores and features get supported. (I'm betting on the same treatment as the mini but it hasn't been confirmed yet so I don't want to spread false information just because I'm 99% sure)

I do agree rounding up the extras will be a pain and is a massive reason behind why the packs were so popular but once the list is made it just takes one person to round up the files and run the sorting program and make them available somehow for everyone to have them. I have a hard time believing some fan or torrent site won't decide to host the packs.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolf_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

What happened to the google links?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by NiMaD83 View Post
    What happened to the google links?
    smokemonster isn't hosting them anymore, but if you need to dl the most recent version see this post:
    https://www.epforums.org/showthread....55#post1908855

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riptides For This Useful Post: