Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031

Thread: EverDrive Packs Release Thread

Thanks
    EP Points

It would still be broken up, only the US files would be nested in a subdirectory like how Europe and Japan are. Also, a minor thing, Europe is formated "PAL - A-J" and Japan is formatted "Japan A-C" it's a very minor thing, but the "-" is missing on the Japan subfolder.

Thanks
    EP Points

I always wondered why the US files were never in a subcategory on the final pack he released. As my GBA Everdrive and Flash EZ add on to play these games on a GBA device, it sure is weird when US goes at the front and Europe and Japan and the rest have a folder.

What is weirder is the really oldest pack I had back on my Chinese SD2 SNES actually listed Europe first and then USA and then Japan this may give you an idea on how it used to look and how it changed recently...

Old smoke monster pack.png

Needless to say I really like how the final version looked on my Retro Towers SD2 SNES even if it did look weird that US had no sub folder and was the 1st games to be at the top, still its neat to have a more vintage layout on my Chinese SD2 SNES with the added bonus of the FX and SA-1 games working.
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 28th-August-2018 at 17:41.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just like to note that for the ez flash omega. it doesn't load up games with long tittles. If you can shorten them. I can't remember how many characters it needs. I remember having to shorten chronicles of Narnia for it to work. i shorten some other ones also.
    PSP 2000 Infinity 6.61 with 64GB
    ps vita ps vita henkaku 3.60 enzo with 200gb
    PS2 FMB 1TB sata mod, hd retrovision component cables
    Raspberry pi 128GB with video previews and box art
    Soft modded wii external 1tb a-data harddrive, monster component cables
    n64 everdrive 2.0,sd2snes, everdrive n8, everdrive gb x7, megaeverdrive, gba m3light, ezflash omega, ds evolution.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a heads up that the Europe SNES collection for the GBA Everdrive and Flash EZ will be up in a few hrs am just figuring out if I should include both the PocketSNES and SNESAdvance versions of Super Castlevania IV and Super Mario World in the same US and PAL directory.

As the [ps} version makes it possible to face the 1st koopaling on SMW as well as the Renzor battles while the [sa] gives a more authentic experience like it was played off a SNES but makes the koopaling battles impossible but does restore the mode 7 effect at the cost of having backgrounds appear in the front.

While SCV IV does the same thing where the [ps] one makes all stages playable apart from the mode 7 rotating room and candle effect while the [sa] one gives a more authentic experience but has the same problem the SMW one did where the background is infront of the screen making stages mid 2, stage 3 and stage 6 impossible to clear.

Edit 1: Still trying to figure out the best camera follow method for SCVI so far it seems Flubba's default setting made the screen go up and down in a sea sickness rocking boat effect but allowed Simon to walk above the score to get to the next part of the sage so I decided to make sure the camera would focus on the ground but still rise up when you reach the top of the stairs where the camera would automatically go up as it seemed tied to his sprite which allowed the whole screen to show via jumping without the need of the camera bobbing up and down everytime you jump.

Another annoyance was when crouching the screen would go down likely as Flubba set the scale to be higher than the ground and as the camera was tied to simon it would follow him when he also crouches making the screen awkwardly shake a lot! To avoid this (Excluding when going on a higher area as it only counts on the ground floor of each stage) I made sure the Offset was 51 this also seemed to make sure the options at the start are viewable without scrolling down as the camera is now set to focus only on the sprite in gameplay and not all the time... as for the name entry it seems to be half at the top but at least the password is now at the bottom so it can be used to access other stages.

It should be up in the next few hrs just doing the final tweaks to it as well as Super Mario World's camera follow feature... speaking of camera follow I need to iron out the jumping bugs when going above a platform so that will also be fixed for the next update ^^

Edit 2: Despite my attempts at trying to make sure simon would not jump up to the score board at the top it seems SCV IV needs the whole screen to get through the game as not only the secrets are hard to reach but the camera wont move like it would on a real SNES (So making the scale 100 makes the camera fully follow the sprite you control and the offset 50 makes sure the screen always starts at the bottom) so expect around 4 variants of this game to have a auto camera feature... if I have time eventually I may do the same with all working SNESAdvance games though as I still want to try and complete the Japan Super Famicom set before the end of 2018. You all should be able to play all working games that Flubba coded into the emulator and keep in mind if it goes by smokemonsters final SD2 SNES pack last year it will be a good 2 months as its a huge set to patch ^^

Oh yeah here's the final result try it on your EZ Omega or GBA Everdive X5 and let me know if it works for you Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Final 3rd edit before including the Europe SNES set for GBA: I made one last pack for you to download before I add it to the topic outside of this one it has every variant of SCV IV I have made and a read me on what each does...

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. In short pretty much all Konami games have the same offset to where the camera auto ajusts on a bonerfied SNES so it should be easy to make the camera fully bring up the top of the SNES screen on a GBA without the need of sea sickness auto camera moving everytime you character jumps the screen goes up and down. Am not sure on Nintendos ones as they all seem to have a compleletly different offset.
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 7th-September-2018 at 20:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've done some major work on an update for the SNES game series collections-- it's about 99% done, so expect it shortly.
    NES update should follow shortly after.
    Donations: https://www.paypal.me/tjstogy

Q: What are the "Game Series Collections"?
    A: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...20#post1910420

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjstogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by tjstogy View Post
    I've done some major work on an update for the SNES game series collections-- it's about 99% done, so expect it shortly.
    tjstogy I was wondering how many updates has the SD2 SNES folder had in a course of a year after the last available smokemonster pack that was releaced back in October 31st 2017?

I ask this because right now I am intending to improve your SNESAdvance - Super Nintendo & Famicom part of the Game Series Collections of the EverDrive GBA & EZ Flash List I saw a lot of games were missing and am intending to improve it leaps and bounds so you can make it a folder for itself to be separated from the Emulator Packs and be an actual folder which could be likely under the Nintendo NES and Famicom area.

There is still a lot of work to do if I am to patch every official game but at the speed it is taking, I am just holding back releacing the entire PAL set as I want to improve the built in camera follow games of the 30 USA SNES games that Flubba programmed into the SNESAdvance app.

I'll likely call the folder Original Pre-made Games and Revised Games or something though I am not good at making new names for stuff

Thanks
    EP Points

how come the top 100's always are missing a couple in the list now that the weird chip games are supported?

thanks for your work

Thanks
    EP Points

Latest SNES Game Series Collections update:

Folder layout: https://justpaste.it/5t7ga

Changelog:

- Completely revamped the Genre folders. Now, when selecting a genre (let’s use Puzzle as an example..) you are presented with :
    - 1 All Puzzle Games
    - 2 Sort By Game Type
    - Puzzle - 2 Player Vs
    - Puzzle - Action
    - Puzzle - General
    - Puzzle - Hidden Object
    - Puzzle - Logic
    - Puzzle - Matching
    - Puzzle - Stacking
    - 3 Best Of Lists
    - Top 10 Lesser Known Puzzle Games
    - 3 Japan & Europe Exclusives
    - Puzzle - Europe Exclusives
    - Puzzle - Japan Exclusives (English Friendly)
    - Puzzle - Japan Exclusives (Needs Translating
    (when in a genre sub folder, instead of saying “Sort By - Action” it now says “Puzzle - Action” or “Sports - Action”. This makes it easier to remember what sub folder you are in without having to go back and forth.)

- Huge revamp of the Multitap subfolder (found under “Controllers & Peripherals” and “Multiplayer”.) Tested hundreds of games to create the definitive database in SNES multitap compatibility. Huge thanks to those who helped test: PaisleyBoxers, Lo-Fi, buffalojoe, qwertymodo and ganonderp. With their help, we’ve debunked many findings on the internet such as when an article claimed a game supported “up to 4 players” when it turned out to actually be up to 5 players-- and conversely, some that and were only 2 player. Many games online were incorrectly "2 player only" and ended up being 4 player. Regardless, we're still learning new stuff about these old consoles. I’ve also updated a public wiki to display the findings: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Multitap.

- Added subfolders “Chrono” “Ghosts n Goblins” “Kirby” “Mana” “Nobunaga’s Ambition” “ Soul Blazer Trilogy” to the “Franchise” subfolder. (Actually-- MANY subfolders were added here and there-- mostly under "Genre"--- sorry I didn't keep a good changelog, but look around!!)

- Tested dozens (hundreds?) of Japanese games to see if they were English friendly and sorted accordingly

- Added some “Best Of” Lists...

- Added subfolders “Action (General)” and “Arcade” under “Genre”

- Added new subfolders, “Try, If You Like” and “Sequels & Spinoffs” under “Miscellaneous”

- Renamed many folders/sub folders for ongoing standardization and ease of use

- Revamped “Mouse” subfolder (under “Controllers & Peripherals”. The layout mirrors the new “Genre” scheme— new subfolders include “All Mouse Games”, “Best Of Lists”, “Canceled & Unreleased” and “Japan & Europe Exclusives”

- Removed all “Unplayable chip games” folders containing SA-1 games and placed the games into their corresponding folders

- Added all new English translations into the mix from Smokemonster's latest release
    Donations: https://www.paypal.me/tjstogy

Q: What are the "Game Series Collections"?
    A: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...20#post1910420

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tjstogy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Latest SNES Game Series Collections update:

Folder layout: https://justpaste.it/5t7ga

Changelog:

- Completely revamped the Genre folders. Now, when selecting a genre (let’s use Puzzle as an example..) you are presented with :
    - 1 All Puzzle Games
    - 2 Sort By Game Type
    - Puzzle - 2 Player Vs
    - Puzzle - Action
    - Puzzle - General
    - Puzzle - Hidden Object
    - Puzzle - Logic
    - Puzzle - Matching
    - Puzzle - Stacking
    - 3 Best Of Lists
    - Top 10 Lesser Known Puzzle Games
    - 3 Japan & Europe Exclusives
    - Puzzle - Europe Exclusives
    - Puzzle - Japan Exclusives (English Friendly)
    - Puzzle - Japan Exclusives (Needs Translating
    (when in a genre sub folder, instead of saying “Sort By - Action” it now says “Puzzle - Action” or “Sports - Action”. This makes it easier to remember what sub folder you are in without having to go back and forth.)

- Huge revamp of the Multitap subfolder (found under “Controllers & Peripherals” and “Multiplayer”.) Tested hundreds of games to create the definitive database in SNES multitap compatibility. Huge thanks to those who helped test: PaisleyBoxers, Lo-Fi, buffalojoe, qwertymodo and ganonderp. With their help, we’ve debunked many findings on the internet such as when an article claimed a game supported “up to 4 players” when it turned out to actually be up to 5 players-- and conversely, some that and were only 2 player. Many games online were incorrectly "2 player only" and ended up being 4 player. Regardless, we're still learning new stuff about these old consoles. I’ve also updated a public wiki to display the findings: http://nintendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Multitap.

- Added subfolders “Chrono” “Ghosts n Goblins” “Kirby” “Mana” “Nobunaga’s Ambition” “ Soul Blazer Trilogy” to the “Franchise” subfolder. (Actually-- MANY subfolders were added here and there-- mostly under "Genre"--- sorry I didn't keep a good changelog, but look around!!)

- Tested dozens (hundreds?) of Japanese games to see if they were English friendly and sorted accordingly

- Added some “Best Of” Lists...

- Added subfolders “Action (General)” and “Arcade” under “Genre”

- Added new subfolders, “Try, If You Like” and “Sequels & Spinoffs” under “Miscellaneous”

- Renamed many folders/sub folders for ongoing standardization and ease of use

- Revamped “Mouse” subfolder (under “Controllers & Peripherals”. The layout mirrors the new “Genre” scheme— new subfolders include “All Mouse Games”, “Best Of Lists”, “Canceled & Unreleased” and “Japan & Europe Exclusives”

- Removed all “Unplayable chip games” folders containing SA-1 games and placed the games into their corresponding folders

- Added all new English translations into the mix from Smokemonster's latest release
    So really all that has changed in a year is a few new layouts to the folders and some new translations and some new demos and intros... do in short there is nothing really worth changing for the layout.

As the emulator Flubba coded in for PocketSNES and SNESAdvance seemed to be based on the official games more than the new ones, I do feel like I would do the same with the unplayable games and put them back in their folders just for consistency.

Thanks for the folder layout I'll keep it's structure in mind for further reference.

Also the SNES PAL games are coming to GBA real soon so expect to play classics like Phalanx.

Just am fixing up the rest of the camera follow games so far which is why I am a bit slow now.

Thanks
    EP Points

As I replied with a quote and it double posted it seems now is a good time to link my progress on a few fixtures which were built into Flubba's SNESAdvance emulator when certain games which had a sprite following value were possible.

Originally these only worked when you so much as move a sprite in game such as jumping in Contra III for example the camera would always go up and down to follow the sprite. As I wanted to make it more GBA accurate I corrected this so that it only follows the sprite when you reach the top of the screen.

Enjoy playing these samples on either your X5 GBA Everdrive or Omega flash cards for now, the main folder will be updated as soon as I correct the other default ones.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Edit 2: I finally made the complete available camera follow USA rom set that was premade by Flubba on SNESAdvance, I have included both the original pre-made games and my own revised corrected ones.

What these are games that play on the GBA from the SNES era, the 1st set always follow the sprite while mine only follow when you go up a screen like how a GBA game should do it. Some may crash midway but that's what gamehackings site is for lol

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Edit 3: It's now possible to play Mario Paint on your GBA thanks to the joypad hack and my corrected camera follow update... oh yeah and the Europe SNES series is now possible to play on your GBA so enjoy games like Phalanx and stuff found in the sister topic to this one.

Also it seems a lot of the Japanese SFC games work on the GBA with the camera follow if the USA games worked with them e.t.c Contra Spirits to Contra III and so on. I'll likely include them though it would just be an alt version in another language also Japan A-C are done! Will keep working on SNESAdvance first!

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 19th-September-2018 at 01:44.

Thanks

so do all of you have a full n64 romset or are you guys missing some files ?

i was missing the following but i managed to find the .xdelta patches and patched them all now my

collection is 100% complete.

Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M. (U) [!] Analog Movement Controls_1.02 - No Invert.z64 9f2bec9409b46471693c0d65cde90e5b8d1cb208ec97bec6bf 469f4739505e87
    Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M. (U) [!] Analog Movement Controls_1.02.z64 20c7869099a4fc975ad7492d74842ecab660f82d08cc7532ce 1a8194f0b2c251
    Duke Nukem 64 (U) [!] Movement Controls - No Invert No Auto Center_1.03.z64 b2a3641e5574c0f09f94009a69ad787e08e63afa68ad729126 38eaf7a460bb9b
    Shadowgate 64 - Trials Of The Four Towers (U) (M2) [!] Analog Controls.z64 a6be782ed6fa34f1b472b41c4f85a78df29708ef78d437f1e0 8d1e736b725631
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (E) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls - Left Handed.z64 6507d9110d1fa4e9cbe2681e89eff45e9fbba9b231eb719da5 f6919cc0da542e
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (E) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls - No Invert - Left Handed.z64 209be1d3d4191dfabc80d6bb386392462e3ed3dfdffc843edc b138573753818b
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (E) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls - No Invert.z64 ff8d37e51c0a2f68b3d550cfc269bb2fedfc51f617c6e8b904 84357e3091df06
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls - Left Handed.z64 3f96cbe95a27c1f83e9fb5a1080c70e299a82b147d9e2b4471 70820874732488
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls - No Invert - Left Handed.z64 a823fb07450764af65f6f6fde4bfc6c897150dff17c4e87f1d c7abd6c22a3525
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls_1.01 - No Invert.z64 6b9b578a1652fd6816779af5c3f7bfacf6daedab94379ca166 9d6c0fae040f64
    Turok - Dinosaur Hunter (U) (V1.0) [!] Analog Movement Controls_1.01.z64 58ab8f78565daba8845e95e54b1c0df820a60351cf049cc9a7 03aad4e5661af0

Thanks
    EP Points

Any clues as where to get this new update? Not finding it in the usual place. Thanks.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a heads up that process of converting all the Japan Super Famicom games from A-Z into Game Boy Advance files is now able to be done faster than the expected 2 month guess it would estimate.

As originally for the past 5 months I went into the A-Z directory copied the file name then exited the folder to open SNESAdvance then select the game and convert it and afterwards cut and paste the file saying SNESAdvance.GBA into the A-Z folder to rename it then copy the next one and do it like so.

Now I can basically just open SNESAdvance and before converting the .SFC file to .GBA I will just right click on the file name copy it and then as it is converted just paste over the SNESAdvance.GBA file to Whatevername.sfc for purist purposes with the usual label tag whever it is playable, glitchy or broken... with that said and done enjoy the D-F category and enjoy games such as Elfaria to the crazy CD Bio games Emit.vol 1 to 3 to even that weird Famicom Disk System intro game called Famicom Tantei Club Part II all running on a normal Gameboy Advance on a X5 GBA Everdrive and likely an Omega!

Image Previews

Prev.1 https://imgur.com/a/QC2dMDN

Prev.2 https://imgur.com/a/MIIAMJb

Prev.3 https://imgur.com/a/rAB0S0D

Direct link

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

I have big problems to get two of the SNES Public Domain roms.

Anthrox Intro Collection (PD).smc 368c2bffdc725df730d3589d83cc1aa3c5983334098a02c15b 05e2e328be9608
    Hong Kong 97 (PD) (Alt).smc cce16abd464528e7f358d7a68f27c3ea22462f5e1aec4bc340 ec4a525a536853
    I got all the PD stuff from https://files.scene.org/ but the Anthrox Intro Collection there seems to have the wrong checksum. I can´t find any other source.
    For the Hong Kong 97 (PD) (Alt) version i can´t even find any mention on the internet... Does this rom even exist (you can find the non (Alt) version everywhere. Whats the difference anyway?)?

What gives me a giant headache ist the
    Lucky Luke (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es).sfc db1013db6cb3158fe35f1f004d15a3df3b93a0c683fa1a6446 610cca7a54e917
    rom.
    I dumped my own copy with the Super nt but wrong checksum. I´ve downloaded a dozen roms but all wrong checksums. My own copy is identical to the No-Intro version (sha1: 82CEF93F124906E49C4E9EC6F58E23EF7E9F77F9)... is there a typo in the SMDB?

EDIT:
    One of both is a typo:

From the SMDB:
    Torneco no Daibouken - Fushigi no Dungeon (J) T+Eng v0.99 Magic Destiny.sfc
    From no-intro:
    Torneko no Daibouken - Fushigi no Dungeon (Japan).sfc

EDIT2:
    Found a solution for most of the problems (2 are remaining). Most of ´em had to do with headers.
    I never find the correct Lucky Luke rom. The same with the Final Fantasy IV translation by J2e Translations. It never matches the SHA256 checksum.
    Last edited by TheM4nn3; 6th-October-2018 at 20:40.

Thanks
    EP Points

Just a confirmation all of the Great Battle Super Famicom games work on the GBA, the only two that seem pretty glitchy is Gaiden 2 which takes a book from Super Bomberman's compression of the map being microsized with the normal huge sprites and the Battle V which has a non stop glitchy flicker everytime the character moves. For Great Battle II Last Fighter, III and even IV they all work great and best of all they remove the awful watermarked boarder that made the game look so compressed so now you can see everything... well if you press select and scroll up that is.

The next pack for the GBA Everdrive X5 and IV Flash will be added in the next few days just have games H and J to do next.

Update it is now available to download keep in mind there are no translations for the Great Battle SFC series that have been patched onto the GBA games to play on your Everdrives yet, I will likely add them when I redo the set adding the patch to Juusou Keihei Valken and many more...

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. You may notice I was kinda focused on getting the score display to show on the Final Fight games this because I don't consider the lower screen needed much as the score display on whom is hit is more important... of course you can hold select and down to go to the bottom but you wont be able to see the display or how many hits it takes to KO an opponent.

Edit 1: The Japanese Super Famicom games J-L are almost all patched to work on the Gameboy Advance with no extra software or hacks needed. I have also vastly corrected a lot of starting places for the Gundam Games among other ones such as the Karmen Rider game too. The hardest one I fixed up was Kessen! Dokapon Oukoku IV - Densetsu no Yuusha-tachi which had many attempts to fit as much of the huge RPG game into a small non camera following window of the GBA... I managed to come to the conclusion the best place to set it would just be before the HP of the character is cut off at the top letting the rest of the screen be seen with no need to ajust it again.

It's up Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. New Update: Sorry for the lack of updates in the past 4 days my internet router died out on me after being activated for 10 years and it took until this morning to get a new one... with that said and done I have a lot of new surprises for you. Of course the usual Japanese pack of SFC games M-O are finally converted to work on your GBA Everdrive but more importantly is that I now know a way to get those games that had weird lines going downwards to display properly, it only works on those games which have at least a background visable but moving makes it cause a strobic effect as the lines illuminate when moving for this I have linked a sample attempt of the game Krusty World it contains both the fixed and non fixed one to see what I mean... the link is below

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. And here is the usual Japanese set which is games which begin with M and end with O done, a lot of the ones that say Ninja or Nintama in them have been correctly camera started by myself to get the most out of the limited GBA screen ratio aswell as a few other games you may notice Ninja Ryukenden now displays the correct title and have no line glitchy graphics unlike the USA one because once again it was corrected by myself... enjoy ^^

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Also I will likely correct every SFC and SNES game if they say [p][g] in the end... guess it was a good thing I didn't delete them out of the packs as I wanted to keep it true to how the folder displayed them.
    Last edited by Richardragon87; 16th-October-2018 at 17:31.