Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526

Thread: EverDrive Packs Release Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricenpea View Post
    Hi,

By any chance are you guys gonna be making a pack and maybe game series collections for the pc engine cd-rom games for the super sd system 3. I know there is a pack for the hu-cards already was just wondering it would be a great addition.

Thanks in advance.
    the simplest way is to get games in bin/cue format from the major groups (redump, tosec, et al.) and , presumably, put the bin/cue in different folders for all, or the games you like since the library of cf games, whilst not as large as other consoles (say the ps1 or the saturn or even the mega cd), it's still ot suitable for a simple sd card.

Thanks
    EP Points

I support the SSDS3 through the Turbo EverDrive Pack and Project Peacock, but I don't have plans to do a complete PCE CD disc set.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokemonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Speaking of the Turbo Everdrive Smokemonster do you know if the Turbo Grafix-16 or as I managed to use them on a GBA by the name of PC Engine work on the X5 GBA Everdrive as it seems there is no folder in either the list or actual romset order of numbers for the folders for it?

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks for bringing your magic smoke !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jony80s For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

thankssssssss

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry if this has been brought up already in the 26 pages that are here.

Can someone walk through with a noob how to actually use these github files? Just send me a pm if you can't really explain on here. I have Python 3.7, but I'm still not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lechuck333 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

@SmokeMonster: Is there a way to run the build_pack.py script in a test or simulation mode where it will not actually move/copy any files, but instead just list what's wrong/missing in my current set? I'd like to know how many changes there are going to be before I start updating or changing things.

If this isn't a feature, is there a way to have it added?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks
    EP Points

Can anyone explain to an idiot how I go about updating my current my smokemonster SD2Snes pack with this new system? I haven't updated for about a year and I'm seeing that SuperFX is now supported, and the new game collection lists look interesting so would like to update. I don't mind starting from scratch, it's probably easier.

I've read the OT about 10 times but I'm just not getting it - any links to youtube videos or whatnot would be super handy.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by asmodai View Post
    Can anyone explain to an idiot how I go about updating my current my smokemonster SD2Snes pack with this new system? I haven't updated for about a year and I'm seeing that SuperFX is now supported, and the new game collection lists look interesting so would like to update. I don't mind starting from scratch, it's probably easier.

I've read the OT about 10 times but I'm just not getting it - any links to youtube videos or whatnot would be super handy.
    So, what you need to do is install Python 5.3 or newer from python.org. Once that's done, you can download the build_pack.py script and also the SMDB text file that you need. In your case the SD2SNES SMDB file.

Assuming you're on a Windows PC, next you open a command prompt and enter the following command:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Just change the file path names to match wherever your putting your files. That should be all you need to do.
    Last edited by steve1515; 16th-May-2018 at 19:56.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by steve1515 View Post
    So, what you need to do is install Python 5.3 or newer from python.org. Once that's done, you can download the build_pack.py script and also the SMDB text file that you need. In your case the SD2SNES SMDB file.

Assuming you're on a Windows PC, next you open a command prompt and enter the following command:
    Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links. Just change the file path names to match wherever your putting your files. That should be all you need to do.
    Thanks Steve. I've given it a go and it doesn't seem to be working... This new system doesn't seem very user friendly. So assuming I've got smokemonsters old pack, and don't have the roms added in a newer update, do I have to source them from elsewhere?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by asmodai View Post
    Thanks Steve. I've given it a go and it doesn't seem to be working... This new system doesn't seem very user friendly. So assuming I've got smokemonsters old pack, and don't have the roms added in a newer update, do I have to source them from elsewhere?
    Okay, I finally figured out what was wrong. That quotation by .py shouldn't be there. I kept getting errors, but since I took that out, it's started working. Got it.