Thread: HP Pavilion g6-1351ea Notebook PC Help

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default HP Pavilion g6-1351ea Notebook PC Help

Hi I came here for help, I want to know if the processor on my laptop from 2011 can be upgraded to a quad core cpu or if the memory is all I can upgrade.
    Plus does anyone know what this internal battery error I get on start up is about (internal) 601 failed, every time I turn my laptop on unplug it from the wall 30 secs it powers off after being plugged in for about three hours. So I would really like some help in making my laptop more laptop less desktop.
    Last edited by soratron; 29th-October-2015 at 04:37.
    In the cursed year 1943, Crawley returned.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Pretty sure that 601 error message is for the motherboard battery. It probably needs replacing, which isn't a straight forward job like it would be for a desktop.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

So how do I go about replacing it and will replacing it allow my laptop to be mobile again or is it still going to be shackled to the outlets under my desk?
    Also can I install a 1tb drive in place of the 300gb got a few pc games I'd like to take on trips if that fixes my power consumption problem, cause I charge it for 3 hours it says power 100% wall power I take it out and bam lights out, and when I can get it to boot to the desktop long enough to check the power it says 30% then its off till I plug the power back in.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,575 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Sounds like the laptop battery isn't holding a decent charge anymore and needs replacing too. That's a simple fix.
    Replacing the internal cmos battery involves pulling the laptop apart in my experience. I don't recall ever seeing a laptop (myself) that you could access that battery just by removing an access panel on the bottom like you do for ram and HDD.

According to HP that laptop model supports up to 6GB DDR3 ram.
    No idea if the cpu can be upgraded.
    It appears to have Intel HD graphics so it's doubtful you would see much performance increase for games even if you could upgrade the cpu.

Use an external HDD for storage and only install stuff on the laptop HDD that you are actually currently using...this is a simple no fuss solution.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks I'll see about getting a new battery (external) and see about finding a guide for the cmos battery error.

Thanks
    EP Points

He said external hard drive not battery.