Thread: Riglordsaga 2 (Japan) ISO is broken?

Thanks

Smile Riglordsaga 2 (Japan) ISO is broken?

I downloaded the ISO from this site, mount it using Daemon Tool Lite, run the game using latest SSF (even tried older version), the game runs well until the part, after the Opening scene where the female and male characters talking to the king, the game stucks at the loading screen like forever

I just wondering if the ISO is broken? I remember a few years ago I played the same game using the same SSF and it works fine.

or there is a setup that I have to do when using Virtual Drive? or the new Daemon tool sucks?

Hopefully, someone can help me, I'm gonna try to do some testing and try different virtual drive tools or maybe burn the ISO and see if that works.
    I feel like if I burn the game ISO to a disc, it might work but that wouldn't solve this issue since I want to use Virtual Drive.
    If anyone has any info or recommendation on which tool or software to use with SSF, please let me know.

Oh, and the Virtual drive should be able to support CUE/BIN/WAV files.
    Thanks!

I tried to burn on disc but still doesn't work and then I decided to try on my friends computer and for some reason it works fine.
    It there something wrong with my computer? I am using same exact emulator files and my friend's computer's works

This it weird bug
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-October-2015 at 07:47.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by angel_x View Post
    I tried to burn on disc but still doesn't work and then I decided to try on my friends computer and for some reason it works fine.
    It there something wrong with my computer? I am using same exact emulator files and my friend's computer's works

This it weird bug

SSF is a closed source emu and its been kinda dead for awhile, don't expect any progress.

Yabause is a open source emu yet its still slightly lacking but at least its getting progress.

Disc images are a fickle thing, they are easily corrupted and any standard joes image is most likely janked.

If you need indepth tutorials I can help you understand all this.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Just use 0.11 instead of 0.12, the game seems to be broken in version 0.12

YOU CAN READ ALL THAT IF YOU LIKE OR JUST READ ABOVE THIS

it is possibly just the CDDA tracks not being read correctly, there are ways to solve this

SSF is still the best Saturn Emulator to date despite it being closed source that is irrelevant

Don't get me wrong open source is a great way to go and allows for other devs to join in on development but that is not to say closed source = bad emulator

Best to convert the disc image into a single Bin+Cue combo instead of Bin+Cue+Wav Isobuster is one of the best programs for doing this

You can wait for me to test on my end or you can just into converting and mount the converted disc image instead via the cue file

The latest version of D-Tools Lite works fine still with SSF that is still a very compatible emulator that mostly just works (Not found anything that does not work but yet to play everything either)

EDIT:- er the disc image is in basic Bin+Cue format anyway no Wav files and that is perfectly fine, just make sure you mount the cue file not the bin file

The disc image has no errors in it

Will test more later tonight I have to go to work but it may just be regional settings (Japan) or that you need to use a real bios rather than the emulated bios

EDIT: I had the same issue by the way but I also figured it out, will up a screen grab of the settings I used soon

remember to close and restart the emu after changing settings (do the setting changes while the game is active), also double check and make sure the changes have taken effect

EDIT: game still messed up with the the version I normally used, but one test I ran another version and it worked fine not sure how I ended up mixing my tests up but just as well I ran version 0.11 alpha R5 (random version I know) anyway that version got right past the screen that the other version I used 0.12 beta got stuck on the slash screen after the boy+girl talk to the bloke (that is just before actual gameplay)

anyway attached is a screen grab of the main settings I used (The Ram cart is not something this game uses so you can change that part)

P.S, yet to looked at the EZ settings that may make or break this game, I did also test EZ Settings and set compat to Full and 0.12 still froze at the splash just after the in castle scene (girl+boy talking to the man) the next scene is just before a fight but still does not get that far with 0.12 so use 0.11 instead
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Zorlon; 24th-October-2015 at 16:50.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR