Thread: Cannot play KOF2000 rom on even NorRAGE or WinKawaks

Thanks

Default Cannot play KOF2000 rom on even NorRAGE or WinKawaks

I don't know what is happeneing.

I downloaded this 40-MB rom on a 56K from EMUSANET. COM.

The rom was named 00026221.zip.

First I renamed the zip file to "King of fighters 2000.zip" and then it was listed in the NeoRAGEx. I used the NeoRAGEx v7.0. It started but on the first screen itself it said:

"WARNING... This rom catridge is for use with the SNK boards and copying SNK boards is a crime" and much more something like that.

I tried pressing all the buttons even the start button (F1 button in NeoRAGEx) and all the four buttons but nothing happens. It is just stuck on that page and not moving. I tried on both Machine settings - the Console and the Arcade.

THEN I tried it on WinKawaks.

There are three versions of KOF2000 in the "load game" list. One is encrypted (file name kof2000), the other one nonencrypted (file name kof2000n), and the last one fully decrypted (file name kof2knd).

I tried to rename the zip file to kof2000.zip, kof2000n.zip, and kof2knd.zip.

But it does gets listed in the Winkawaks "load game" list when rescanning for new games.

However I tried to just load it from the "load game" list when using the "all" button.

I tried to press on all three names (encrypted, nonencrypted, and fully decrypted) but it always says some file was not found.

The King of Fighters 96 runs perfectly well on Winkawaks and NeoRAGEx.

Come Guys just help me out with this. I have wasted more than 2 hours downloading this game and keeping the phone busy.

Thanx in Advance
    Attached Images Attached Images  

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks

Also when I tried to unzip that zip file. Winzip was unable to unzip two files. There was some CRC error and it stated that "_______ (some value) should have been _____(some value) and at the end, it showed me a report which was....

Extracting file: E:\Required Software\N64\New Folder\winkawaks144\roms\kof2000.zip

Extracting to "E:\Required Software\N64\New Folder\winkawaks144\roms\kof2000\"
    Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no

Extracting kof2k_p2b.rom
    Extracting kof2k_s1.rom
    Extracting kof2k_v1.rom
    Extracting kof2k_v2.rom
    bad CRC 33fd572c (should be 1afb20ff)
    Warning: the size of the extracted file (4194305) does not match the uncompressed size (4194304) recorded in the zip file
    Extracting kof2k_v3.rom
    Extracting kof2k_v4.rom
    bad CRC 7e5a0cb5 (should be 764bbd6b)
    Extracting kof2k_c1.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c2.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c3.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c4.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c5.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c6.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c7.rom
    Extracting kof2k_c8.rom
    Extracting kof2k_m1.rom
    Extracting kof2k_p1.rom
    Extracting kof2k_p2a.rom
    Extracting 257-p2.bin
    Extracting 257-p2.rom
    Extracting 257-p1.rom

I really don't know what that means. Please help me guys I have wasted more than 2 hours on a 56k modem downloading that file just have some fun.

And also the .rom names that were not extracted were

kof2k_v2.rom

and

kof2k_v4.rom

Hey guys just help me out with this one.

If there is something wrong with those two rom files, can anyone just zip those to rom files and email them to me at [email protected]

Thanx in Advance

| LG OLED G1 65-Inch | Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75Ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming | Zotac RTX 3080 Ti Amp Extreme Holo 12GB GDDR6X | WD Black SN850 1TB | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz | Lian Li Galahad 240 AIO | ASUS ROG Strix 850W Gold | Xbox One Wireless Controller | Nintendo Switch (Atmosphere) |

Thanks
    EP Points

Read through the Metal Slug thread sticky'ed on the top of the forum. It has a solution to the problem.