Thread: FF9 Alexandria/Bahamut cutscene freeze on MAC

Thanks

Default FF9 Alexandria/Bahamut cutscene freeze on MAC

Hello all!

So I've been playing FF9 and got to this point at the beginning of disc 3 where Kuja attacks Alexandria with Bahamut, and, of course, the game freezes trying to load the cinematic.

I know that this problem is a recurring one and has been addressed countless times, but up to now every solution presented that I could find was for solving the problem on ePSXe, which is generally thought to be the source of the problem (or rather some graphics plugin within)... but I have not been playing on ePSXe, but PCSXR (v1.9.93 found on the list of recommended emus for mac here on this forum).

I have tried to mimic solutions presented for the ePSXe problem like going back to older versions (tried PCSXR Build 78288), playing with the graphics plugins (up to now I was playing with SoftGL Driver v1.1.17 [PeopsSoftGPU.psxplugin]; I also tried switching to OpenGL Driver v1.1.78 [PeopsXGL.psxplugin], which is the only other plugin I could make work on mac). I am not using save states, only memory card, so that is not the issue either.

I don't quite know what to try anymore... Does anyone have an idea? Is it maybe possible to edit a memory card save to allow me to skip that video and just save at the next moogle? I can watch the video on youtube in any case, so wouldn't be that much of a hassle anyways...

In other words...
    PLZHALP!

Thanks

So while I haven't really managed to play through it, I did find a solution which was kinda ok for me, in that I found a website that had a detailed list of save games throughout the various locations and events in the game. Just picked the one that comes the closest after the destruction of Alexandria, watched some playthrough videos to see what I missed on youtube, and I guess I'll be playing with that save from now on.

This was acceptable for me because I don't care that much about getting ALL the items and maxing everything out as I am playing mainly for the story, but it would definitely not be OK for all our grinder friends out there, so if you come up with a solution please do tell, still interested.

For future reference, here is the link where the savegames can be found :
    http://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff9/ff9saves.htm

PS: I am not quite clear on the forum's policy about posting links to other websites, so if I'm going against the rules feel free to remove the link!