Thread: Save states for Sega CD?

mli Guest

Default Save states for Sega CD?

What emulator can save games for Sega CD?

xxxStealthxxx Guest

Default Re: Save states for Sega CD?

Originally posted by mli
    What emulator can save games for Sega CD?
    Gens emulator is the number one for sega roms and the best for saves, that I've seen so far so if you need much more than what you need than let me know sometime (Old school) !

Attached Images Attached Images  

vagrantcharly Guest

Default Agreed

Gens is the best!

Although Sega CD emulation still has a long way to go, Gens is the best Genesis emulator overall!

mli Guest

I'm talking about Sega CD. I can't save with Gens....

Thanks
    EP Points

Use Gens for Mega CD games - however you can only use Native saves (ie at the parts in the actual game where you are giving the save game option).

Quick saves, and quick loads is unlikely to ever be supported in any Emulator with regards to the Mega CD - this is apparently due to how the CD works making quick saves near impossible.

mli Guest

So if I save in the game at the normal save spots, quit the game, turn off my computer, and then open it all up again the save state will be loadable? On Sega CD?

Thanks
    EP Points

Yep, it will be saved onto the mega CD memory itself (this is emulated btw) or preferably it will be save onto the 8k Memory card which hopefully you have configured.

mli Guest

Thanks, I'll try it when I get back home. How exactly do I configure it? I just formatted it, is that alright?

Thanks
    EP Points

You you just needed to format it - it should now work fine.