Thread: Dolphin emulation: activating vsync introduces in-game text errors

Thanks

Default Dolphin emulation: activating vsync introduces in-game text errors

I'm currently playing Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility on the Dolphin emulator, and for the most part it runs fine. However, it does have some problematic lag (both in frames and audio) when in populated open world areas. Indoors/mines/my house region are fine.

I have been playing around with different graphical setups, and the only thing to significantly improve the lag that I've found so far is to activate vsync. With vsync on, the frame rate and audio issues are practically nonexistent on my pc. However, selecting vsync somehow causes an in-game text glitch. Sometimes turning off vsync fixed the issue; other times I needed to also restart my emulation. I've seen similar text complaints for other harvest moon games, but none that describe the glitch I'm experiencing. Changing my set up to match what they said provided a solution (albeit with vsync activated) didn't help. Some provided links to patches, but the links/patches are years old. I'm inclined to think those patches have already been included in more modern updates, but I could be wrong.

To be specific, the text box will only show the first letter/punctuation of what the NPC is saying. For example, if the text box said "Good Morning", all I see is "G". Pressing A just moves to the next text box. This also happens when the text box is 2-3 lines of dialogue long, and if you wait long enough you can see it trying to fill in the dialogue. Pressing A in that instance brings up the entire text box for reading. If the text is longer than three lines, whatever the last line is will experience the same problem as seen with just one line of dialogue. If you wait too long to press A on the 2-3 line range, the last line will also experience the same error.

Currently this is my set up in Graphics: Backend (Direct3D), Adapter is my AMD, Fullscreen and aspect ratio on auto, vsync checked, Native internal resolution. Everything else is default setting. Using OpenGL as my backend produced no differences from what I've seen playing so far, so if I do need to switch back that isn't a problem. Everything else is also basically default with the exception of controller configurations.

I'd like to keep vsync checked if possible. It's the only thing that's improved performance for me, but obviously I can't play if I can't see what the NPCs are saying half the time either. I'm pretty new to emulation in general though, and especially with dolphin. Perhaps someone out there who is more experienced knows a work-around or patch that could solve my problem.

Thanks for taking the time to read my issue! Happy emulating!

Thanks
    EP Points

Try with texture cache accuracy safe ( left) in hacks

Enviado desde mi Aquaris E4.5 mediante Tapatalk